News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Basic configuration for multilingual store.

Started by sergioiknet, April 26, 2012, 22:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergioiknet

Hi,

I'm trying to make a multilingual site with a shopping cart. I´ve done both previously, but never together.
As far as i read, and tried myself, joomfish and virtumart do not get along really well.
I´ve read some tutorials on which versions of each to use, i tried them myself with no luck.

I'm actually running backwards since i have a new problem now. Somehow i manage not to be able to see the sample product pics.
From a fresh Joomla install either (1.5.26, an 2.5.4). I looked in the folder (images/stories/virtuemart/products) and pics have no extension.
The website is actually calling pics from another location (/components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/vmgeneral) which are actually .png

I`m using virtuemart 2.0.6, the server is just fine i´ve been working on it for a long time with several joomla sites. So what's wrong?
I'm pretty sure i´m failing to see something pretty obvious here. Can anyone help?

My questions would be: is there a particular order in which i have to install the languages, virtuemart and joomfish?
Which versions of each? is this reliable? other options? does anyone know why i can`t see the pics on a fresh install?

Further more i can't set the safe path: "Safe Path is WRONG" i changed permissions in folders, moved them, changed names, i have no idea what it expects me to do.

This is really long to explain in detail so, if you can point me in the right direction, or if you have a question about my procedures etc.
i'd really apreciate it!!

Thanks in advance!