UPS Plugin configuration problem "We are sorry, no shipment method matches ..."

Started by jeffdub, April 26, 2012, 02:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffdub

We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

Everything is configured correctly and the other plugins work... not surprised that the UPS one didn't to be honest..  The whole system (VM2) seems a little touch and go, would've saved time and money if we had of gone with a paid ecom solution!

I sent my issue directly to their support email since my threads never get answered here. Will post results.

jeffdub

I figured out the issue and found out how to get around the bug.

The option "UPS Standard" is not working and was causing no shipment options to be found.  We've removed the option and replaced with UPS Ground and Next Day and the plugin now works.

I'm not sure if "UPS Standard" service is disabled for American addresses or what.. nevertheless, the plugin works without it.

mspot

How did you figure this out?  I have a simuliar issue, cannot get shipping quotes, and don't even get "ground" shipping as an option in the back end to select for our US shipments

alatak

Hi

QuoteThe option "UPS Standard" is not working and was causing no shipment options to be found.  We've removed the option and replaced with UPS Ground and Next Day and the plugin now works.
Interesting :) Do you know why? 

mspot

Yes, I believe it was becuase my UPS API wasn't in production mode.  It now is, and it shows up, however, I still get the

"We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order." error on checkout.

alatak

Hi,

Ok, then please email me cia this form http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vendor/1/contact
I will check why.

alatak

Hi

You can try that also:
Go in the Joomla configuration, enable the Error Reporting to Maximum.
Check if any error or warning is displayed. If this one is displayed

Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /xxx/yyy/vhosts/mywebsite/plugins/vmshipment/istraxx_ups/istraxx_ups.php on line 868

Then you must contact your hoster to enable that function.

MickeyBlueEyes

I got the same issue, so I've opened the paypal dispute, i hope this will get their attention.

Milbo

Quote from: MickeyBlueEyes on July 25, 2012, 01:23:28 AM
I got the same issue, so I've opened the paypal dispute, i hope this will get their attention.

LoL, the best method to get support. Before you even ask for support, you directly activate a conflict with paypal. This is like coming into a store, instead of communication, directly with the lawyer. The plugin works for more than 200 people. It is almost 100% a configuration issue and not a bug.

Btw, the message "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order." is a vm2 core message.

and the "problem" is also in USPS http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105180.0 .

The reason is that this plugins create the themself dynamically the rates, so a misconfiguration of these plugins, does not return any shipment rate and therefore this message comes up.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MickeyBlueEyes

I'm trying to ship from US to US, we have API key, chosen product has weight (Product Weight    20.3000    GR   ), shipping address is valid. I attached pictures with settings.
Joomla is 2.5.6, Virtuemart is 2.0.8e, CURL is enabled and I've tried every possible setting, all I'm getting is "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order."

Please help, whats wrong here?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Quote from: mspot on June 07, 2012, 16:25:43 PM
Yes, I believe it was becuase my UPS API wasn't in production mode.  It now is, and it shows up, however, I still get the

I think that is the answer
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MickeyBlueEyes

only ground freight is in test mode, shipping package is in production mode, as far as i can see from the attached picture.

Milbo

alatak

Hello,

The UPS plugin ask for rates to UPS. UPS returns all services available and the associated rate from one location to a destination. Not all services are returned.
One way of finding out which rates are returned is to turn on the debug option in VirtueMart.
All services returned by UPS will be displayed, and you can then compare with the ones you have selected.

If the ones you have selected are not returned, then the plugin will return "no shipment found".

MickeyBlueEyes

After enabling Virtuemart debug option, this is what i get

[attachment cleanup by admin]