Author Topic: Paypal Credit Card Payment Screen  (Read 3192 times)

sracing

• Beginner
Paypal Credit Card Payment Screen
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:07:14 am »
I use a Virtuemart shopping cart on my website, and currently accept Paypal, Credit Card payments processed through eWay, and manual direct deposit.

I would like to make use of the paypal credit card feature, and save myself thousands of dollars in merchant fees.

When customers click Paypal as their payment method, they are taken to the Paypal payment screen to login.  I know there is a link you can click on the bottom of the screen which says something like "Not a paypal customer? Pay with credit or debit card".  When clicked, it reveals a credit card payment form for the customer to fill in.

So, my question is, is it possible to direct customer payments straight to that credit card form instead of them having to figure out themselves what to click to pay by credit card?  I would like my three payment methods on the website to be paypal (directed to the standard payment screen), credit card (directed to the paypal credit card payment screen) and direct deposit (stays as is).

Could someone help me with the code I would need to use in the virtuemart configuration box to get it to do this?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Paypal Credit Card Payment Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 23:47:53 pm »
In the UK if you use a PayPal business account then the option to pay be card is most obvious compared with the Paypal account option. The choice is also given with a premium (free) account but is not so obvious. Maybe upgrade your account?
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 3.8.9.10473 on Joomla 3.9.28 PHP 7.4.14