News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Activate Css Styles & Javascripts Issues

Started by DavidAllenNeron, April 18, 2012, 00:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidAllenNeron

I am unable to get VirtueMart to work correctly unless I disable

Using the Virtuemart jQuery    
Using the product Scripts    
Using the Script ajax Countries / Regions

Then the category pages, individual products and store front will display, ALTHOUGH ... my shopping cart is invisible (I can tell there are items there because when I mouse over I can click stuff, yet it's invisible) and the add to cart does not work.

I am only able to keep Using the VirtueMart CSS enabled.

What would cause these issues ? and how would I be able to fix them?

Thank you in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

DavidAllenNeron

UPDATE

It seems I might have found the solution to my problem because I was able to go all the way from adding to cart.... to using paypal sandbox to purchase one of my digital products.

THE SOLUTION:

I went into my template settings

Joomla > Extensions > Template Manager > (Select Your Theme & Edit) > Turn OFF Any Javascript stuff, Jquery, JS ... etc..

and make sure you turn off:
Components > VirtueMart > Configuration > Shop > and UNCHECK Use external google jquery library

then go into:
Components > VirtueMart > Configuration > Templates > and ENABLE everything in Activate Css Styles & Javascripts

and then it should all work.

jenkinhill

In many cases, such as with RT commercial Joomla templates, you have to make adjustments to the default script/css settings. AS you found out.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

psteimann

hmm, thanks for this.

i tried this settings, but still can't add products to chart.

no of articles (+/-) does not work, but i can overwrite them manually

i use vm 2.06 and Jommla 2.5 with the beez_20 template.

I you can have a look at my site (www.timesoft.ch),

best regards,

Peter

jenkinhill

psteimann it won't work as you are not loading the jQuery library which is needed for VirtueMart to work. Turn it on in VM configuration.

Also Beez is not the best template to test with as some things won't work.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum