News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

can't add to cart or see cart pop up in 2.0.6

Started by McD, April 17, 2012, 06:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McD

Updated to 2.0.6.  Cart pop up didn't work.  Tried the fix suggested here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101067.0 (using vmprices from 2.0.2), which I also had to do with 2.0.4, but that didn't work this time.  In fact now the add to cart button doesn't work.  Even when you refresh the page the newly added product doesn't show up in the cart.  It will only appear if you click on the next item in the store.  This is a mess.  Anybody else having this problem?  Has anybody else found a solution to this? 

If no solution is available I would at least like to be able to go back to 2.0.4 (which sort of worked).  How can I do this without losing all my shop info?

While I'm at it I might as well ask:  Any suggestions on how to get the "Ask a question..." to come from the customer email?  Currently when someone asks a question I can only reply to myself (the vendor email).  In the old version of VM this came from the customer and was much better. 

Joomla: 2.5.4
VM: 2.0.6
http://www.mcdonaldfarm.ca/index.php/order-now

techsp123

Same issue for me ......... Im using Joomla 2.5.4 & VM 2.0.6 ............

Zuske

virtuemart 2.0.6 joomla 2.5.1

i have the same issue, just (today) upgraded from 2.0.2 > 2.0.6. Yesterday the popup from add to cart worked, now it doesnt. Also when I refresh the page there is no product added.

If you want to go back to 2.0.4. You had to backup that one, and replace the files.

Any suggestions which specific files i can restore ?

please help
i need my site live in a few weeks

John2400

I  installed a module that appeared to turn it off:

I found this and it solved my issue _ I have never unticked this box.

It seems to be a JavaScript error of some kind.  there is simple "quick fix" in that you switch off the JavaScript overlay, by going to configuration: checkout: and unticking "display modal popup on "add to cart"

alejandro_quin

Canyou explain with more details

I apreciated your help

John2400

Hi ,

In the admionistartive section you simply go o this section:

configuration>>checkout: and >>ticking "display modal popup on "add to cart"

zacksbazar

nrg

i have the same issue after upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.0.6, and doesn't matter if i turn on or off the [display modal popup on "add to cart"] option !
any idea how to fix this problem ?!
regards

John2400

Hi guys ,

could you test a few templates - as most of the time this is the issue. Especially use the default ones provided.

sandstorm

Same issues after upgrading to 2.06 from 2.0.2. I tried checking and unchecking the "Display modal popup on cart button" and this doesnt change anything.

I also cant use up/down on the quantity selection?

I am using a YOOTheme template and a Yagendoo VM Theme.
I swapped these back to default Virtuemart and Beez template and still the problems persist

J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

nrg

Quote from: John2400 on May 24, 2012, 08:24:53 AM
Hi guys ,

could you test a few templates - as most of the time this is the issue. Especially use the default ones provided.

just for simple test i change my template [Gantry Template v3.2.17 with Gantry v3.2.19] for the one of the deffault J2.5 templates [Beez5], and that true, the cart pop-up came up again !
the question is where exactly is the problem ?

UPDATE :
ok. my problem was fixed by this sollution (thank u luizwbr):
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101067.msg336588#msg336588