News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Can you have 2 attributes and count inventory for them.

Started by spyderwebdesign, April 13, 2012, 17:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderwebdesign

I have been trying since January to have 2 attributes and count inventory for them. Does anyone know if this can be done?

Example.

I want to sell a pair of shoes. The shoe comes in sizes 7, 8, 9, and 10. The shoe also comes in the colors black, and white.

I want to have an attribute for size and an attribute for color. If a size 7 in black is out of stock then the user should not be able to add it to cart.

If I use custom fields, then I lose the inventory tracking for the individual size / color combination.
If I use Parent / Child relationships then the inventory is tracked, but I only have 1 drop down with both size and color (Black Shoe Size 7).

Is it possible to have 2 attributes for a product and count inventory for each size / color combination? If so, can someone give me a push in the right direction as I have hit a wall?

Studio 42

YOu can use customfields stockable. and set 2 variante type size and color
The stock is updated on the choice the customer made.

spyderwebdesign

I GOT IT TO WORK OMG!!!

http://www.likdancewear.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=10&virtuemart_category_id=1

Now I just need to find a way to automate an import that sets the size and color to the parent. I can import parents and childs already. I am getting so close.

[attachment cleanup by admin]