News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to delete child product?

Started by Bruce Morgan, April 12, 2012, 00:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Morgan

I was playing with the "add a child product" on the product information tab of one of my prducts and it added an entry below but there does not seem to be a way to get rid of it.  I am running a test site locally with VM 2.0.4 over J2.5.4.  I even tried clicking "cncel" instead of "save" and child remained.  Is this a bug?

Bruce Morgan

Bump!  Could use some help here.  Anyone else have the sam problem?

vigier

You can find the childproduct in the overview of products. Delete it...

Bruce Morgan

Thanks.  I was trying to dot it a different way and it was driving me nuts!

memel

Have same problem. Any solutions?

Bruce Morgan

The created child cannot be deleted when editing the parent product.  To delete unwanted children you must go the top level (master) product list within VM and delete it from that list.  I would not call this a bug but it is not user friendly.  If you create a child from within a parent prpoduct, it would seem reasonable that you could also delete it in the same manner, but you cannot.

jstratos

Thanks for the solution here Bruce.  I was trying to work within a product category and did not realize you had to "view all categories" to see the unwanted child products. Saw them and then I was able to delete all.

Not too user friendly!

ekerner

You can find child products like (where tp_ is your table prefix) ...
select * from tp_virtuemart_products where product_parent_id > 0;
You can remove the child association like (where tp_ is your table prefix and 999999 is your virtuemart_product_id found in the previous select) ...
update tp_virtuemart_products set product_parent_id = 0 where virtuemart_product_id = 999999;