News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Generic child variant

Started by goarynych, February 29, 2012, 11:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goarynych

Hi everybody!

Is here anybody, who can explain what means "Generic child variant" in custom fields?

Thanx in avance!

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mabeall32

is there a way to change the sort of the children

John2400

Hi guys I'm missing something here ,

Milibo I cannot get the idea even from your instructions I've had several people post me their steps -each a  little different from the rest.

* I can create a varient that a client can choose a colour or size and that is simple if you have unlimited stock and we don't need to track stock.

* I can see in the forums a few frustrated people who would like to have a "product" it has varients like sizes of T-shirts X, M , L etc and they need to keep track of these items.

eg Product is a shirt - " I have 5 large, 3 Medium and 10 small""  thus the shirts is the product but I need to try and add these variants to my main product.  When they purchase them like a large shirt my stock goes down one. etc.

* I have read the website link and It just misses me.

maybe you could retype the instructions in common questions and I'll try like others again.

DaggaTora

What means "later you can choose here attributes to show, now product name"?

later after saving product? later in next release?...
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

DaggaTora

Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

exschnecki123

Hi,

I understood the generic child variant in VM 2.0.2 but now in 2.0.4 I have to type in a description or an SKU or something. When I type something in, it always says: "no results match". It is also not shown in the frontend. What should I type in there and how does it show up on the front end?

Thanks.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

balai