Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

vmError: when Virtuemart is trying to store invoices:

Started by jplw, April 04, 2012, 12:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplw

My configuration is Joomla 2.5.3 / VM 2.02

I get the following error:
vmError: Cannot store pdf, directory not writeable /home/user/public_html/***/invoices/
        JUser: :_load: Can't load user with ID: 52

In VM Configuration/Templates/Media File Settings against "Path for Sale" i have entered the full server path to my download directory (Permissions are set to 755).

I have also tried to set the specific serverpath permissions to 777. After that i get the following error:

==============

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 7543

Warning: fopen(/home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/cache/img_c98a8007673c92d82d29f181336948cc) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 7554

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 7555

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 7556

Warning: unlink(/home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/cache/img_c98a8007673c92d82d29f181336948cc) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 7561
TCPDF ERROR: [Image] Unable to get image: /home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/cache/img_c98a8007673c92d82d29f181336948cc

=============

What could be the problem?

Thanks

jenkinhill

Is this any use?  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98633.0

The PHP warnings are all to do with creating the pdf - you can turn off the warings in Joomla 2.5 Gobla config/server/server settings

Which language on the site? I believe there are some isses with the pdf function for some languages.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jplw

Thanks for the reply.

I have turned off the warnings but that left me with the following error and without invoice pdf's :

TCPDF ERROR: [Image] Unable to get image: /home/user/domains/website/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/cache/img_c98a8007673c92d82d29f181336948cc

Language is Dutch.

jplw

Partly found the answer.

When i disable the (shipment)logo (xxx.jpg) that is attached to the shipping method, i do not get any errors and the pdf is being created.

Unfortunately i want to configure my website(i.c. cart) with the shipment logo.

What to do?

vverloop

vmError: Warning extension of the image is a png, tpcdf has problems with that in the header, choose a jpg or gif.

vminvoice is not good looking anymore, after updating VM to v2.0.6.

Clocked0ne

I have just had the same problem:

vmError: Warning extension of the image is a png, tpcdf has problems with that in the header, choose a jpg or gif.

J1.7 and VM 2.0.6

vverloop

Quote from: Clocked0ne on May 15, 2012, 13:12:33 PM
I have just had the same problem:

J1.7 and VM 2.0.6

First you need to update your Joomla to the latest version, because v1.7 is end of life.

Second, don't use PNG format, but JPG or GIF for the picture of the Payment Method in Virtuemart.
I understand you want to use PNG, because of the transparant background, but it is not supported.

Clocked0ne

Thanks, it may be 'end of life' but I'm not going to update to 2.5 just for one issue - 2.5 wasnt supported correctly when I started building the site and with all the problems of VM2 as is... well an upgrade can wait as far as I'm concerned. Especially since it means a template redesign!

I will change the image file format for the payment methods, I don't actually need the transparency, I chose PNG because it was smaller filesize.

edit: Actually, both images are GIF format, so this is not the problem!

vverloop

Not updating to the latest version, is your own responsebility. But if you don't update, don't ask for support.

Clocked0ne

Thanks, you're about as helpful as everyone else then... funny, I wasn't even asking for support, just reiterating the problem - I thought that there was full support in VM2 for Joomla 1.7 - if you seriously expect everyone to jump to 2.5 instantly when there are still lots of bugs you are delusional. Jumping onto VM2 was gamble enough given how development has panned out. There's a bug in the software but you would rather not be told because a customer hasn't instantly updated their core software to a later version, despite there being many other issues outweighing this?

You obviously don't run or manage many live sites. Keep dreaming the dream.

vverloop

Sorry

I hope you understand that updating is important, because of bugs and security issues..
If you don't update, the bugs and vulnerabilities are still there...

There is a chance that the websites of your customers will be hacked soon, there are enough exploits on the internet.

So it is not professional if you don't update soon. Also Google is sending e-mails to Google Analytics customers, that Joomla v1.7 is not safe.

Clocked0ne

Of course, you are right there - this is why I am running VM2.0.6 and will upgrade all stable releases. I do intend to update at some point, but I disagree that it is right for all users to upgrade the Joomla core straight away when there is no guarantee of the issue going away or the platform remaining as stable with VM2. As I am running a live site it is not practical to migrate to 2.5 until I am certain of it all working correctly, it needs work and testing. Having read a little further it seems J1.7 templates should be the same as 2.5, I assumed they were the same as 1.5, so this is one less problem to deal with.

Sorry if I was being harsh, it just feels sometimes like people would rather brush an issue under the carpet than resolve it for everyone, I've seen this a lot lately.

vverloop

You are right, first update Joomla and all 3rd party Extensions in a Test Environment. If everything is bug free, then go live in a Production Environment.

I'm sorry if i was not friendly  :-[

Because of the need of support from the forum, the guys at the forum have to be more friendly than normal. 

vverloop

A good tip: Joomla v2.5 has a good update feature. And fix errors in the database.

Clocked0ne

I updated to 2.5.4 following your advice, it was pain free :) Thanks.

This problem still persists, but I think may be fixed in latest 2.0.7b - I will wait for the next Stable.