Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Change colors for "Product Description" button, and others

Started by JPAZ, April 02, 2012, 01:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPAZ

Hello,

I have installed Joomla 2.5.3 and VirtueMart 2.0.2
I've searched the forums here but I can't find anything similar. I'm trying to change the main background color of the "Product Description" button. I think it also controls the "Ask a question..." button, as well as the "Add/edit billing..." and "Add/edit shipping" buttons.
I'm trying to put together a site for someone who is insisting on a black background for most of the site, so I have to use white fonts. The problem is the button - it has a white background and white fonts. When you mouse over them, it works how I have changed it - It shows a black background and a blue font he wanted. But the main "static" background for the button won't change to black.

Does anyone know where this setting is? I can't find it in the css files for the main site or the VM part of it.

stevedknight

if you are still looking for this it is done via a png background file.

have a look in components\com_virtuemart\assets\images and the file you want for all the button backgrounds is backgrounds.png.

This is a 3 colour png file so i have just changed the "white" section to the colour i want my buttons

JPAZ

Thank you!!!! That worked perfectly! 
I didn't find the file there, but I did find two "backgrounds.png" files, and I changed both of them like you said. On my install, they were located in these places:

components\com_virtuemart\assets\images\vmgeneral\
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\assets\images

Thanks again for the help!