News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to use Custom Field stockable variant (Explained) (video) (photos page 4)

Started by HG, March 30, 2012, 15:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpessoa

I all,
I set up this stockable plugin and it seems to work.
But I have fund one problem, yhat I already post; see it above.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112865.0
Do you have the same issue?

Other thing:
Is that possible to change the Product Detail View (layout) to same thing like that on the image?
Thanks in advanced

[attachment cleanup by admin]
J 3.10.5; VM 3.4.2; PHP 7.2.34

denvarel

I'm want to tell you how happy i am and i really appreciate all your work guys. But...
I just updated virtuemart from 2.0.18b to 2.0.20b hoping that all or at least some of the stockable variant problems where resolved. I have updated the AIO also. In 2.0.18 i manage to reach the conclusion that the plugin VM Custom Field with Stock Control is acting strange, some times adds a child, sometimes is not, depending on variables that i cannot imagine. I have tried all the option described in this post but i wasn't able to present to the client a proof of working stockabe.
Well, after update to 2.0.20b the problem is sort of solved: The plugin is not working at all now. I press "new", i get some lines with childs products, i'm unhappy about the options that i get there (once i have pressed "new" i can't change the stock, only the attribute and price of the child) but the problem (excuse the irony) is resolved promptly once i press "save": The childs are never saved!

Looks like i'm stuck to the NOTstockable variants in this shop.

t68

A noobish question here: can I re-use same stockable variants on different parent products. In my case we sell handcrafted jewelery and accessories. Most of the times we want to offer the same types of necklaces with different types of jewellery hanging in them. So main product is the jewellery and the customer is offered a choice of different necklaces to go with the main product. These necklaces comes from the same stock. Is there a way to set up so that the stockable variants for necklaces are from the same stock even though they are choices under different main products (the different peices of jewellery).

Seems a bit cumbersome to have to set up new stockable variants under each product when it´s in fact are the same variants from the same stock.

Hope I got this so written so you understand it. Thank's for any help!

Flasher

Quote from: gpessoa on March 11, 2013, 18:20:41 PM
I all,
I set up this stockable plugin and it seems to work.
But I have fund one problem, yhat I already post; see it above.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112865.0
Do you have the same issue?

Other thing:
Is that possible to change the Product Detail View (layout) to same thing like that on the image?
Thanks in advanced

It looks pretty good that plug in... where did you get it???

OCD

Found this thread while searching how to set up a product with inventory control for various options. I got the product set up but it shows the 'Notify Me' button in the category which a customer will think it is out of stock. If they do go to the details page AND select one of the Child products from the dropdown it will show the add to cart.

I ended up adding stock to the Parent so the 'Notify Me' would go away but then if the item is added using the add to cart from the category page no option is selected so that wont work.

Is there a solution to using this stockable variant in the store to track stock on individual Children and not drive customers batty trying to spend money? It seems it is very close to working and quite possible I am just doing something wrong but after long searching I am unable to find any help in setting it up properly.

I am not a coder but it seems like since this is so close it should be fairly simple to fix. In the category view if there are Children variants it should show a button to 'Select Options' rather than 'Add to Cart' or ' Notify Me' in the details page for the Parent the first option should be '-Select-'

These two things would make this useable or at least it seems like it would to me. I am going to pass this along to my developer to see if he can fix it as I have had enough but this functionality seems to be very basic, must have capability for an online store and I am baffled as to why it seems to have not been addressed in what otherwise seems to be a very capable platform.

Uriel

Hey Guys,

I noticed theses Instructions are clearly marked : <<ALREADY HAVE AN ITEM WITH CHILDREN>>

I have tried adding an a Child Product to a Parent but not getting it...

I open a Product > Click Add Child Product > I manage to dd it but here is where the confusion comes in...

Looking at the List of Products it appears as though VM has added another parent and another Child Product...

Can someone please explain to me how to add a child product?
How does all this work in VM 2.0?
What are Child Products used for if nothing shows up in the Front end ?
Managing Member of Hosting-Webdesign http://www.hosting-webdesign.co.za

Somerguy

Perhaps someone can help me here as I am stumped. I have done everything listed here, but my second and third option always appear as empty drop downs on the store front. In the backend the options are all there and I can assign them to the children accordingly. I made sure all items are in stock as well. Is there something I'm missing?

akbar007

can I give specific hight and width to my few images like I want to display my two images little big then others..

can I do this with custom field and if yes  so please guide me with steps ...

bunglehaze

Quote from: OCD on May 24, 2013, 18:50:02 PM
Found this thread while searching how to set up a product with inventory control for various options. I got the product set up but it shows the 'Notify Me' button in the category which a customer will think it is out of stock. If they do go to the details page AND select one of the Child products from the dropdown it will show the add to cart.

I ended up adding stock to the Parent so the 'Notify Me' would go away but then if the item is added using the add to cart from the category page no option is selected so that wont work.

Is there a solution to using this stockable variant in the store to track stock on individual Children and not drive customers batty trying to spend money? It seems it is very close to working and quite possible I am just doing something wrong but after long searching I am unable to find any help in setting it up properly.

I am not a coder but it seems like since this is so close it should be fairly simple to fix. In the category view if there are Children variants it should show a button to 'Select Options' rather than 'Add to Cart' or ' Notify Me' in the details page for the Parent the first option should be '-Select-'

These two things would make this useable or at least it seems like it would to me. I am going to pass this along to my developer to see if he can fix it as I have had enough but this functionality seems to be very basic, must have capability for an online store and I am baffled as to why it seems to have not been addressed in what otherwise seems to be a very capable platform.

I have found this to be an issue also. IMO if the parent is not orderable (using the tickbox under the stockable plugin) it should ignore the stock level of the parent item IMO, until then I have found it simpler to just put loads in stock of the parent and use the real stock figures for child products only

bunglehaze

Quote from: tuki on August 30, 2013, 10:08:27 AM
Watch this tutorial. Its working fine. http://awebsupport.com/vm2-set-up-child-product-with-stock-control

Tuki, actually, a better option is the stockable plugin for controlling options IMO. It needs a bit more setting up in the backend but there are no page reloads when you choose a child product - something you do get with the generic plugin.

You do need to setup the child options in the plugin beforehand rather than add them ad-hoc when creating a child product which is annoying but still, it is simple to setup a new stockable child product in the backend of the parent in just a couple of boxes and clicks (although Milbo - could we get that text field for final price built into the stockable plugin please as child products that have a specific price need to then be edited again afterwards)

jinlopez

I want to start off by apologizing if I'm asking the same question that's probably been asked a million times.  I just cannot seem to find an answer, so I thought I would just ask myself and see if I can get an answer/solution faster than me searching for it.

I cannot get the sizes to list in order.  I have created all the child products correctly.  They all show on the website.  But the order of the sizes is all wrong.  I go to the parent product, re-organize them the way they should look in Custom Fields, click Save, and nothing changes.  The list is still out of order.

I thought that maybe the VirtuMart update would fix this problem, but it didn't. 

Any suggestions? 

Inas

I have a problem with the plugin - Custom field stockable variant

I have a parent with several children. Everything is set as it should, with stock, price, etc.. Everything looks as it should in the frontend but as soon as I try to put something in the cart, it will not appear in shopping cart. Instead, I get switched to the category pages.

Do I have a product with no options (child poducts), it works to add it to the cart.

Whats the problem?

Joomla 2.5.14
Virtuemart 2.0.22c

Thankful for every help i can get!

Inas

DaggaTora

Hi,

I'm using stockable variant plugin and it works perfectly except for the quantity box. Instead of the box I'm getting this :"PGlucHV0IHR5cGU9InRleHQiIGNsYXNzPSJxdWFudGl0eS1pbnB1dCBqcy1yZWNhbGN1bGF0ZSIgbmFtZT0icXVhbnRpdHlbXSIgdmFsdWU9IicgKyBxdWFudGl0eSArICciIC8+"

In the inspector it looks like:

<span class="quantity-box"><!-- >> NN_PROTECTED >> -->PGlucHV0IHR5cGU9InRleHQiIGNsYXNzPSJxdWFudGl0eS1pbnB1dCBqcy1yZWNhbGN1bGF0ZSIgbmFtZT0icXVhbnRpdHlbXSIgdmFsdWU9IicgKyBxdWFudGl0eSArICciIC8+<!-- << NN_PROTECTED << --></span>

Quantity box works ok in the rest of the products.

Any idea?

Thx in advance.
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28