How to use Custom Field stockable variant (Explained) (video) (photos page 4)

Started by HG, March 30, 2012, 15:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HG

Quote from: delikatess on March 31, 2012, 21:27:19 PM
Hey Folks!

i got the same problem as dsrpmedia:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 187

I followed the instructions but theres no chance to get it to work.
Any solutions?

Best,
m

Screenshots here:
http://d.pr/oOkH

http://d.pr/gP4f

http://d.pr/mTEW

http://d.pr/1S8n

did you put the child product in stock?

HG

ok i will do a video 8)....from product-child-options

better donate if it helps...  ;)

balai

delikatess

Quote from: HG on April 02, 2012, 10:04:41 AM

did you put the child product in stock?

yep, i did. i tried nearly everything now.

i tested it with 2.0.2 and 2.0.3H

you'll earn a lot of <3 for the video  ;)

dsrpmedia

Quotehonesty im not an expert with the errors but maybe you can check if your plugin is enable etc or try uploading the folder responsible for the products...
the plugins are enabled

I `ve tried this on 2 different hosts (godaddy, greengeeks), using only the installed sample data - same results on both systems.

Loris

mhhhh, take a look at this: http://mountainworldaq.net/251/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=242&virtuemart_category_id=123

so many annoyances!

pros:
options visualization ok
stock control
modified price showed when option selected

cons:
some php errors in BE (nothing serious, but...)
no price showed in cart page
the childs process too cumbersome (time, skill... mistake trap)

dsrpmedia

well congratulations Loris, you have managed to navigate the maze!

(more than I & several other posters here can say)

*Which php errors are you getting?

Did you use the steps outlined by HG?

(if not, how did you get there?)

thanks for your input!

dsrpmedia

Quoteno price showed in cart page

I guess I spoke too soon

though you are closer than I have ever gotten, that cart page is a mess!

HG - if you are still monitoring this - does your cart page actually work? (show prices etc)

corymp

Is there a way someone can post a step by step tutorial, in understandable english?
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

HG

Quote from: Loris on April 02, 2012, 23:26:30 PM
mhhhh, take a look at this: http://mountainworldaq.net/251/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=242&virtuemart_category_id=123

so many annoyances!

pros:
options visualization ok
stock control
modified price showed when option selected

cons:
some php errors in BE (nothing serious, but...)
no price showed in cart page
the childs process too cumbersome (time, skill... mistake trap)

the look can be changed by editing the php files...

HG

Quote from: corymp on April 03, 2012, 03:08:37 AM
Is there a way someone can post a step by step tutorial, in understandable english?

coding is not engish  ;D ;D ;D

dsrpmedia

Quotecoding is not engish

I can appreciate that... the whole beauty of virtuemart up until 2.0 is that you didn `t need to be a programmer to do simple things like add a child product.

In fact I would often show clients who could barely send email how to manage their entire shop in less than an hour.

It has now been several weeks for me, & I have yet to get a basic site working properly - and I `m not sure I`ve seen a vm 2.0 site that anyone has got working that works perfectly without any caveats.

here are the steps I took trying to follow your instructions:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

fresh joomla 2.5.3 install
fresh VM 2.0.3.H install

installed the sample data

went to 'Custom Fields' (under 'Products')
selected 'New'

Custom Field Type: Plugins
Title - I used ' Additional Sizes'
Published - Yes
Parent - please select
Cart Attribute - Yes
Description - blank
Default   - blank
Tooltip   - blank
Layout position - blank
Admin only - no
Is a list? - no
Hidden - no
Select a plug-in: VM Custom stockable variants

save

then under
'Option name' i put 'Sizes'

15ml
30ml
60ml

save
save & close

go  to 'Products'

I chose "ladder"  ***(I chose ladder, because it is DEFINITELY the parent of Metal Ladder, Wooden Ladder, Plastic Ladder in the standard sample products install)
go to 'custom fields' in the product details page

under Custom Field Type: I choose 'Additional Sizes' (the custom Attribute I created in step 1)

save

here what is apparently supposed to happen is the child products are supposed to load, and I can then map the child to the custom attribute option.

but what actually happens is I get a message 'Please, add new child product! Thereafter you can select the option for each product' with the option to add children (see attched)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HG, If you can take a glance at this list of steps & confirm that this is the set of steps you intended to lay out, or let me know if I misunderstood something I would really appreciate it.

Thnx

Loris

voilĂ  my steps:

1. products --> custom fields --> new: type plugin, VM-custom, stockable variants (see image 1.jpg) --> SAVE! (once saved you can access to options in the same page (see image 2.jpg)
2. products --> products --> create a new product (or pick one that already exist)
3. in the product just created --> custom field (tab) --> select your "custom field type" (created in step 1) from the dropdown listbox as in image 3.jpg
4. SAVE
5. stay in this custom field tab and create your first child writing the details in the appropriate fields as in image 4.jpg and hit the "new" button as in 5.jpg (Note that is actually saved the child as in figure 6.jpg)
6. SAVE (after saved you should see something like in fig 7.jpg)
7. now you could create a new child repeating steps 5 and 6 (and saving each time) and setting other details (flag cart variant, choose size and colo for your specific child and overprice) image 8.jpg

HG

there we go we're getting somewhere...i will still do the video by wed ill have it up

jochem8

Loris, grazie mille!

Just a quick question, not specifically for Loris but for all the readers. I have 1 parent product Glove, then all the children are the sizes (XXS to XXXL). When I open a child and go to the tab Product Status, that is where I have entered the amount that is in stock. Is this not the right way to do stock control? In Loris' image 4 and 5 he/she entered the stock there. What is the right way?