News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Backend to Virtuemart Only

Started by aandcmedia, March 28, 2012, 16:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aandcmedia

I have a bunch of employees that I want to have access to virtuemart, and virtuemart only when they log into the administration part of the site. Is it possible? I've checked user permissions but there does not seem to be a way to make it so a user only has access to certain components.

DiveO2

Has anyone got an answer for this please?

My site is Joomla 2.5.4 vm2.0.4
I need to give a user permissions to virtuemart but I don't want to give them site administration status.
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

John2400

Hi ,

There are some restrictions - but you need then to at least upoad and control most things in VM them make a new group called employees  and tick
, administrator,  registered or a combination - at least they can't change the server settings etc
You will have to tick the multi vendor box in VM as well. 

Try first with out the multivendor box ticked and see what happens - test also to see if they receive and email iff they lose their passwords - just incase.
and add a new super user - for yourself - always good to have a second one.

then add them to that group - * it won't restict them from everything.

see how you go.

mtmeyrick

@john: what I recon diveo2 means is that he doesn't want to set his users to administrator in the backend just to reach virtuemart, as I have the same issue.

I would like to use the joomla built in acl to assign permission to the joomla group I have setup to be able to reach the vm component.

Do you or anyone else know if J! Acl is built into vm or not?

Many thanks

M

John2400

mtmeyrick,

Hi yes I am aware of this issue - You like others wish to seperate Joomla from Virtuemart - "users"

That option is not really available at this present time.

JurgenG

mtmeyrick:

As many others I too had this issue. The user is olnly allowed to edit the store and see practically nothing of Joomla itself. My sollution:
- Add a new usergroup in joolma under Super User
- Global-settings => permissions and allow all except Super Admin and Access Administration Interface.
- Create a user in the new group.
- In Virtuemart go to Orders & Shoppers => Shoppers and set the user to admin.
- Let the user login through //.... administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart (or create a redirect to this url)

beachy

I have done this slightly differently to JurgenG by setting up a new user group called VM and assigning it to the special user access level. I then turned off the components, extensions, articles, categories etc.. so that the main menu is then also most emtpy.

I then made a small modification to the quickicons module to show the VM2 links that I wanted users to have access to (Manage products, orders & users) although this can be altered depending upon your needs!

The result is that when our staff sign in they can only get to VM but when I log in I get all menus and full access!

See the screenshots (I have changed the normal icons to something which ties in better with Joomla 2.5 but you can use which ever ones you like!)

[attachment cleanup by admin]
_______
Joomla 2.5.11 Virtuemart 2.0.22
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13
Hosted By RochenHost.com - MVS

razor7

Quote from: JurgenG on May 29, 2012, 14:29:09 PM
mtmeyrick:

As many others I too had this issue. The user is olnly allowed to edit the store and see practically nothing of Joomla itself. My sollution:
- Global-settings => permissions and allow all except Super Admin and Access Administration Interface.
- Let the user login through //.... administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart (or create a redirect to this url)

Hi, done theese steps, but when editing a product, no actions bar at top of screen (save, save & close, etc...), any hint?

Thanks!
MGS Creativa - VirtueMart Payment Plugin Experts
http://www.mgscreativa.com

Take a look at our downloads section for VirtueMart payment plugins and mouch more!
http://www.mgscreativa.com/en/online-store

brentonking

Any luck with the action bars? I am at the same point, experiencing the same problems.

EDIT - SOLVED
Duplicate the "Toolbar" Module in Module Manager > Administrator
Rename if you like, Publish it and change Access from "special" to your "new group" (in my case Virtuemart Only)

razor7

MGS Creativa - VirtueMart Payment Plugin Experts
http://www.mgscreativa.com

Take a look at our downloads section for VirtueMart payment plugins and mouch more!
http://www.mgscreativa.com/en/online-store

ozzem

mtmeyrick:

hi, i can't set shopper user to admin...there is not a way to do this. which is the procedure?
thank you!

daniel__

mtmeyrick:

I will get this error when i do the login:

'Access restricted to Vendors and Administrator only'

Any ideia?

Quote from: ozzem on December 09, 2012, 15:30:10 PM
hi, i can't set shopper user to admin...there is not a way to do this. which is the procedure?
thank you!
This basically.

asif2005

mtmeyrick:

Quote from: ozzem on December 09, 2012, 15:30:10 PM
thank you!

I too like many others, wanted to give my vendor an ability to either add products from the front end or login to back-end with nothing but VM. I didn't get any viable solution to work. I ran across this thread and it looked promissing but when I went through the steps to get it to work, I found that the latest version of VM (2.18a) does not have an option to turn a "shopper" group to "admin" group. Maybe it did when this suggestion was posted by JurgenG. Since my vendor was a "Shopper", he couldn't login to VM-Admin and got the same error as someone posted above.  I was almost about to dump VM when I spent hours and couldn't figure out how to do this. I didn't want my VM vendor to give full backend access. That was just out of question.

What I ended up doing that worked (whew) was I modified "vmusers" table in MySQL and gave him "admin" perms and now my vendor has VM Admin access but nothing else. YAY!!

Can someone please tell me if this is BAD BAD BAD and may have an adverse affect on something else or may break something or might make my site vulnerable? Thank you so much!!!

jenkinhill

No it is a simple solution. On the sites I have done the vendors have full Joomla admin rights as they usually add J articles to increase the site content, add news about new products etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum