News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping module example(s)

Started by RodG, March 11, 2012, 12:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RodG

Can anyone provide me a copy of a working shipping module for VM2? 

I'm not really fussed about what the module is (UPS, USPS, AustPost, E-go, UK postcode, etc, etc) as long as it provides enough information to show me what changes need to be made between the VM1 and VM2 way of doing things. 

Although the wiki contains some useful information, I'm finding it impossible to follow without some kind of practical examples for guidance.

I'm sure I'm not the only developer having troubles with VM2 modules.  Regular checks at http://extensions.virtuemart.net indicates that none of the VM1 shipping modules have yet been updated for VM2 compatibility.   

I suspect that if just *one* of these gets updated and made freely available the rest of us devs would have little trouble in updating our own offerings because we'd have example code to guide us. 

Thanks
Rod

PRO

http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/usps-detail

and picture attached of standard shipping module config

[attachment cleanup by admin]

RodG

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 11, 2012, 12:57:31 PM

Thanks,  I've seen that one, but I was looking for something that I didn't have to pay for.
As stated, I only need it for example code, it isn't though I plan to actually *use* the module.

I can only assume that since there doesn't appear to be any free examples provided by the VM developers that they aren't all that interested in helping us?

Anyway, congratulations for cracking the secrets to the VM2 mods.  Alas, I don't enough incentive to outlay any $$$ to achieve my aims, and the time I invested in creating my module (ozpost) for VM1 (about a year ago) hasn't even come close to paying off. In fact I'm not even keen to spend any more time than neccessary to upgrade the code..   There are much more profitable projects for me to work on.

Thanks anyway
Rod   

PRO

Quote from: RodG on March 11, 2012, 13:16:38 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 11, 2012, 12:57:31 PM

Thanks,  I've seen that one, but I was looking for something that I didn't have to pay for.
As stated, I only need it for example code, it isn't though I plan to actually *use* the module.

I can only assume that since there doesn't appear to be any free examples provided by the VM developers that they aren't all that interested in helping us?

Anyway, congratulations for cracking the secrets to the VM2 mods.  Alas, I don't enough incentive to outlay any $$$ to achieve my aims, and the time I invested in creating my module (ozpost) for VM1 (about a year ago) hasn't even come close to paying off. In fact I'm not even keen to spend any more time than neccessary to upgrade the code..   There are much more profitable projects for me to work on.

Thanks anyway
Rod   

so you are looking for "code" examples.

Have you looked at the "standard shipping module" that is free with vmart?

weight_countries   Plugin.

RodG

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 11, 2012, 13:37:17 PM

Yes, well, kind of...   but moreso, examples of file naming conventions and locations.

As silly as this sounds, until you gave this 'hint' I had no idea what files, etc were being used for the std module...  I'd been looking for something in the com_virtuemart folders...  I never expected to find them in the joomla/plugins folder.   This could be all I needed to get me on track.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers
Rod

PRO

Quote from: RodG on March 12, 2012, 05:09:23 AM

Yes, well, kind of...   but moreso, examples of file naming conventions and locations.

As silly as this sounds, until you gave this 'hint' I had no idea what files, etc were being used for the std module...  I'd been looking for something in the com_virtuemart folders...  I never expected to find them in the joomla/plugins folder.   This could be all I needed to get me on track.
Thanks for the tip.
Cheers
Rod

shipping and payment is via plugins now.