News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[RESOLVED] Unable to install com_virtuemart 1144

Started by jenkinhill, January 10, 2008, 20:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Using J1.5 Extension Manager to install com_virtuemart from 1144,  upload seems to proceed but then switches to a blank screen.

Database Version: 4.1.22
PHP Version:       5.2.4
Web Server: Apache
VirtueMart 1.1: Ver. 1144
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5 Beta4+ Rev 9909 2008-01-08

Installs with PHP 4.4.4 - but with error messages again:
Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()! in /var/www/html/joomla3/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/phpInputFilter/class.inputfilter.php on line 565
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

The failed install using PHP5 is reproducible here, however my host has an unusual configuration with PHP, so they can currently provide PHP4 and 5, switching is by .htaccess. In a couple of months they will change to PHP5 only - currently they are giving time for the usres to ensure their sites can run under 5.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

aravot

I was able to install VM 1.1 rev 1144 in PHP4 and PHP5 (Joomla 1.5 rev 9911 installation)

PHP4 setting:
Database Version: 4.1.22-community-nt
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.5
Web Server: Apache/2.2.6
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler

PHP5 setting:
Database Version: 5.0.45-community-nt
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.5
Web Server: Apache/2.2.6
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler

jenkinhill

I have tried to install a couple of other components with the same result. A blank page. It must be due to a changed PHP5 config - unfortunately I cannot edit the php.ini or override settings with .htaccess with the current setup. So I'll install under PHP4 until the server has a proper installation of PHP5.

Later: installation works OK from a directory, so I'll use that when installing under PHP5
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK