News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

paypal checkout

Started by pimo, May 31, 2024, 16:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimo

Hello, I think I will not receive a response, as happens lately. But I'll ask the question anyway.

I have tried to activate paypal checkout and I can't. The blue ixtrass button, I don't know exactly what it does, but I can't get the keys. It takes me to a Paypal tab that says my account has been joined with istarxx, then another tab where I open my account and that's it. The data is left unfilled.
I have checked that pop-up windows can open.

Apart from that, it is not explained how to get the data it requests in the configuration, so I don't know how to do it.

Has anyone managed to activate it????

pimo

Even if I have the data, I can't write manually either...

AH

I have 3 sites now activated and runing PayPal checkout.

I did not use the simple "click the button" onboarding and decided to manually configure PayPal checkout and get the details from the PayPal (account after creating an new API on the account) and getting the relevant details for the input into the relevant fields

The VM Plugin then verifies these with PayPal.

Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

pimo

First, thanks for responding. I don't understand how to configure this, I don't know exactly what I have to do.

The boxes that appear in the configuration for the data it requests, in my case it doesn't let me write/paste anything. It's like they're blocked.

Regarding what you say about API, I understand that it is not enough with an account like the one used for normal payment.

I spoke on the phone with a person from Paypal and he began to explain to me the data that the configuration requested, but when I saw that I couldn't write in the boxes, I told him to leave it.

Maybe you can explain to me what to do? I'm sure many people would benefit from it, not just me.

AH

Happy to try and help.

In order to be able to edit the settings manually set the "enable advnaced mode" to yes (bottom of the paypal_checkout configuration tab page)

This opens up the fields for manually entry.

(Apologies for forgetting to tell you about that in my first post, as it is far from obvious)
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

pimo

I'm getting closer, but I still can't quite get it to work. I have made the API keys for live and sandbox, I have entered them in the boxes, but the following error appears when I save:

0 vmTrace There was an error get/post https://api-m.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/oauth2/token Code: 401 sent headers: Var0:

The error is followed by a fairly long bunch of text, if necessary I would paste it, although there are my API keys

pimo

I don't get the error live, only in sandbox. I have checked several times that the keys are correct, but I am going to check again. I haven't made a purchase so I'm not sure it will work.

Is the sandbox error normal or do I have to keep checking things?

AH

Just checking that you have used the sandbox Merchant Id (it is NOT the same as the live Merchant ID)
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

pimo

I have tried everything in my power, I created the API keys, I created a sandbox account, I have entered the email and ID of the sandbox account, but I can't get it to work. :(