News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Manufacturer filter missed

Started by joozen, December 10, 2023, 08:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joozen

Trying to migrate my shop to Joomla 4, currently stable version 4.3.4. Managed upgrade to latest version of Virtuemart 4.2.4. Everything working but found out that Manufacturer filter missing from Available sort-by-fields and search filters. Is it any option to fix it? Thank you. 
Joomla! 4.3.4
4.2.12 11012
PHP: 8.1.26

hazael

Check that the manufacturer names are written in all the language versions you have.

joozen

I have only one English default version. I have manufacturers filters in my current website with Joomla 3 and VM 4.0.2 with same configuration.
Joomla! 4.3.4
4.2.12 11012

hazael

From what I see, this option was not even available in version 4.0.12 for Joomla 3/4. So I don't know where you got it from in the next version
It is very possible that this is just a translation error and it concerns the manufacturer's symbol and not its name.

There is no point in sorting by manufacturer's name, because there is a separate option for this directly in the template. Likewise, sorting will be pointless if you display products only for a selected manufacturer in the main menu

joozen

Second screenshot is Joomla 3 and 4.0.2 my current site. I can't understand why manufacturer filter dropped in later Virtuemart versions.

Maybe somebody can advise how to get it back? I really need manufacturer filter in category view.
Joomla! 4.3.4
4.2.12 11012

Jumbo!

Share the category page link so we can check the issue.

joozen

Quote from: Jumbo! on December 12, 2023, 22:54:12 PM
Share the category page link so we can check the issue.
Thank you for replay. Site is now in upgrade to Joomla 4 state but any page: https://j4.footymania.co.uk/footballs for example. I still can't get filter by manufacturer displayed.
Joomla! 4.3.4
4.2.12 11012

joozen

Found the reason. Stupid really. Line
<?php echo $this->orderByList['manufacturer']; ?>
was commented in template's default.php
Joomla! 4.3.4
4.2.12 11012