News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multicart

Started by andre@skeen.co.za, March 17, 2023, 09:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andre@skeen.co.za

Hi, I am new to Virtuenmart.  ;DI have tried to find info both in the Virtuemart manuals and here about a multicart option, but seem to be unable to find it. I see in the threads etc all the way back to 2012/3 that Virtuemart speaks about implementing a multicart option for use with the multivendor system, but nowhere is it clear whether this has been done yet or not. Is a multicart option available? I am testing Virtuemart with a view to implementing it, but this is make or break for me. Version 4 gives me these options:
Multi-vendor cart handling:
Cart belongs always to the main vendor
First product determines the vendor of the cart
By the logged in vendor
Selectable by user

None of which appear to be a multicart solution.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. The one commercial version I have found comes in at GBP399 on special and is a full multistore add-on, which is not what I am looking for at this stage.

loppan

Hi,

multicart / multistore / multivendor can mean a lot of things :). For some it means running several shops from the same domain, for others it can be an amazon-like marketplace letting other users become vendors selling their own goods, while others just need different carts for different stock locations for example.

I've looked into this quite a lot over the years, and the Virtuemart core supports some "multicart"-setups but it's not so well documented.

Let us know what you want to achieve and I'll try to chip in with the findings I've done over the years :).

emmafrost1

To my knowledge, VirtueMart does not currently have a built-in multicart feature. However, there are third-party extensions available that can provide this functionality.

It's worth noting that the "Multi-vendor cart handling" options you mentioned in VirtueMart 4 refers to how the system handles the shopping cart when multiple vendors are involved. This is not the same as a multicart feature, which allows a single user to have multiple active shopping carts simultaneously.

If a multicart feature is essential for your needs, you may want to consider using a third-party extension or custom development to Kodi add this functionality to VirtueMart.

I hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions!
VirtueMart enthusiast and advocate

alishakihn

I've looked into this quite a lot over the years, and the Virtuemart core supports some "multicart"-setups but it's not so well documented.