News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Social share popup dialogue.

Started by Tempe, March 27, 2022, 13:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempe

Hi there,
I am trying to change the dialogue of the social share popup to share products. Currently, it is using the prod_s_desc, but I would prefer to use the metadesc. From what I can recall, this is done in one of the .php files, but I can't remember which one and the search criteria I am using are not yielding results, sorry. Is there anyone that can remind me how to do this, please? I use a Jquery script that came as part of the template.

Joomla 3.10.5
VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472
PHP Version    7.4.26

pinochico

And what sharing pop-up do you use?

I turned off all sharing, because then the product detail was loaded for 15 seconds on my mobile and I really don't want that.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Tempe

Its sapegin/social-likes jquery came as part of the template.

pinochico

And why are you asking about the Virtuemart forum and not the template maker forum?
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Tempe

Quote from: pinochico on March 27, 2022, 22:47:19 PM
And why are you asking about the Virtuemart forum and not the template maker forum?

Because it is getting the short description from Virtuemart, and from what I can remember, it gets the data from one of the VM php files, I just can't remember which one.

******edit*******
html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php
$og_desc = $this->product->metadesc;

pinochico

I don't use this plugin and better ask creator