News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No asterisk in registration

Started by poqo, December 09, 2015, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poqo

I can't find the answer. Last topic about this that i found was from 2013 but without solution. I saw this in latest versions VM and i see this in current. It will be really helpfull if somebody fix this becouse in my opinion it's seriously problem. Even that in configuration fields Username, Displayed Name, Password and Confirm Password are required, i can't see asterisk like in E-mail field. And even if I don't put there any information field doesn't have red border (like in E-mail field). I tried to find .php file of this registration but coulden't find any. Temporarily i add asterisk in translations files en-GB.com_virtuemart_shoppers.ini and en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini but still don't have red border.
Maybe I didn't look good enought and there is solution of this problem?

jenkinhill

Are you using the default VM templates? Asterisks & red borders work for me on my test site with J3.4.5 VM3.0.12 with Protostar and default VM templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

poqo

I use diffrent template than default. I missed some java script?

poqo

I used default VirtueMart template but with the same result. No idea.

poqo

In official VirtueMart i also can't see asterisk http://demo.virtuemart.net/account/editaddresscartBT . Can anyone tell me whats going on? I need to create function by my own or what?

jenkinhill

It just occured to me. Do you have "Only registered users can checkout" set on (Configuration/Checkout)? I know that it is usually set to off in the demo to allow for guest checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

poqo

Thank you for reply. When i set "Only registered users can checkout" to on i have asterisk. Is t possible to have asterisk when i set this option to off?

jenkinhill

No, the fields are not required for guest checkout so they are not checked.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK