News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Display shipping taxes in general taxes

Started by Khaostar, August 13, 2015, 17:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaostar

Hi all!

I encounter a little "bug" with a site that I manage. In fact, this is not really a bug, but a behavior that doesn't fit the needs of my client.

That's a Canadian site from the province of Quebec. So we have 2 taxes here. Everything is set and the calculations are good. The problem is that the taxes are calculated separately for the products and for the shipping. Here is an example. It will be easier to understand :

If you look at the attached image, you will see that I have one product in the cart and that the taxes are successfully applied (The TPS is 5% of the subtotal and the TVQ is 9.975% of the subtotal)

After that, I have a shipping method of 5$. The shipping must be dutiable too. But istead of adding the taxes in the TPS and TVQ sections, it add it directly on the shipping price. So the shipping price become 5.75$ (5$ plus taxes = 5.75$)

So, as you can see, the calculation is right, but the taxes are not showing at the right place. The shipping taxes should be added to the proper TPS and TVQ amount.

It may seems very useless for most of you, but this is a pain for the accounting...

So, do you know if there is any way to change that?

The site is on Joomla 2.5.20 And virtuemart 2.6.6

And yes... I know that the site should be updated to the latest joomla and virtuemart version but I can't... there is a lot of custom work in there from the previous webmaster...  :-\

Thanks in advance!  :)

Khaostar

Some help anyone? I really can't figure out how to do that...  :(