News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem product detail word or character limit

Started by jelgezabal, March 22, 2012, 11:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelgezabal

Hi! I have a problem with virtuemart, the problem is in the backend, in virtuemart when you add more text than 1690 characters more or less words it enters but when you save, it cuts and in the backend you can see how it has cut more than 1690 character and in the frontend this text dont appear and move chart quantity and options menu, but the problem comes from virtuemart backend add product, product information large text. Like virtuemart donĀ“t accept more than 1690 or 1600 characters, I have been looking over Google a sollution but nothing... why could it be? Thank you.

catarizabel

I have the same problem.

No one to help us? Please!

Milbo

the solution is a bit complexer. In vm2, go to the virtuemart.cfg file (BE virtuemart folder), edit it and add dblayoutstrict=0, then use the tools and use "renew config by file". Attention you have to renew your config settings then. But after that use the tools "update tables" and your language tables have enough space, but be aware that vm could become slower.
In vm3 it is enough to add dblayoutstrict=0 to the virtuemart.cfg and to store the config.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member