Please select send method and Please select payment methode with the button save

Started by nkamp, July 18, 2014, 23:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkamp

Hello,
I have read this thread: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110078.0.

I'm working with joomla 2.5.22 with vm 2.6.6.

But I do not understand. I have at this moment of testing one send method configured and one payment method. But if the customer has have selected one (or more) product(s) and he decided to go shopping cart then he sees my first screenshot (it is dutch):
"Geen verzendwijze geselecteerd
Selecteer alstublieft een verzendmethode

Onze excuses, geen verzendmethode komt overeen met de kenmerken van uw bestelling. Neem alstublieft contact met ons op."

Translation:
No sendmethod selected
Please select a sendmethode
Our excuses, no sendmethode compares with one of the attributes of you're order. Take contact with us.

Payment methode:
"Geen betaalwijze geselecteerd
Selecteer alstublieft een betaalmethode"

Translation:
No Paymentmethode selected
Please select paymentmethode.

And with the buttons "Save"!!??

But when the customer is logged in then this dissapears (see my second screenshot). Yeh, ok select payment method is still there. That I can understand so far because there two opportunity's. Better should be that for example Paypal is selected and if the customer decided to choose the opportunity ok, then he must select that other opportunity.

I have also added my configuration for the send method. My weight of the product is 0.0001 kg.

My questions are:
- If the customer is not logged in why are these question / remarks already there. This looks so strange to him. And why is the button save there?
- If he is logged there is still a button save behind the payment method. Why?
- Is it not possible to select a payment method by default already?
- Is this a problem in the template? (I have bought template form iBrave (iStore template). Does the OPC not working right?
- Because of the earlier mention thread I have made empty the customer groups.

I hoop that someone can give me some light in the darknes.

Thanks,

Nico

[attachment cleanup by admin]

GJC Web Design

First thing to do is try the site with a std template - e.g. Beez - see if the problems still exist -

the cart logic has changed quite a lot in the 2.6 series .. I would suspect your template
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

nkamp

Ok, I'm further.
I'm at the stage of building/filling the database. So I had already added several products. But not for every product I had the right shipment method (weight). Only for one. That's one were I was testing with. After I had added for every product the shipmentmethods, then it looks better. But still the button save was there and the text "select shipment method" and select "payment method".

In my opnion this must vissible after the customer has been logged in or not? Not before he is logged in Or is this a configuration setting? Maybe it is due the template of begin 2013 iStore-iBrave.

Otherwise I have to make a override (select_shipment.php/select_payment.php, I have added this files) , or does anyone have a better idea?

BTW I have a commercial OPC from LINELABOX, and this working, but I like also the OPC which is embedded with this template.

if (VmConfig::get('oncheckout_show_steps', 1)) {
    echo '<div class="checkoutStep" id="checkoutStep3">' . JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_CART_STEP3') . '</div>';
}

if ($this->layoutName!='default') {
$headerLevel = 1;
if($this->cart->getInCheckOut()){
$buttonclass = 'button vm-button-correct';
} else {
$buttonclass = 'default';
}
?>
<form method="post" id="paymentForm" name="choosePaymentRate" action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php'); ?>" class="form-validate <?php echo $addClass ?>">
<?php } else {
$headerLevel 3;
$buttonclass 'vm-button-correct';
}

echo "<h".$headerLevel.">".JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_SELECT_PAYMENT')."</h".$headerLevel.">";
?>

<div class="buttonBar-right">
<button name="setpayment" class="<?php echo $buttonclass ?>" type="submit"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_SAVE'); ?></button>

[attachment cleanup by admin]

GJC Web Design

I think you've answered your own questions there .. a 3rd party template and a commercial OPC...

Your questions therefore should be directed to the people who sold you these extensions...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation