News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Disabled address fields (for downloadable products site)

Started by kyrian, June 11, 2014, 02:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyrian

Hi,

I use the "VP One Page Checkout" and  the "Paypal express checkout".
Anytime I want to confirm an order, I have this message : "Your Address do not include a Zip Code. Please add a Zip Code."

Some customers can checkout but other can't, even if they have their profil complete.

I try to disabled the adress, city, zip in the fields configuration, but the checkout didn't proceed when I did.

So please, is there any solution for VirtueMart 2.6.4 to remove those fields, even if I need a paid plugin.
I only need my custumers email to send them the files they bought. I lost lot of order since I have moved from VM 1.9 to VM 2.6

Regards,

Emma

GJC Web Design

1. Have you spoken to VP One Page Checkout ?  It is commercial software and they should be your first point of contact.

2. - "Your Address do not include a Zip Code. Please add a Zip Code."   does this come from Paypal or from VM

3. does it work normally with "normal" Paypal?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

kyrian

Hi,

1 - Yes, I sent a message to the VP One Page but I read your message first so I removed all the 3rd party extension to test the process with only VM normal process.

2 - "Your Address do not include a Zip Code. Please add a Zip Code." This message disappear on VM whith the plugin disabled.

but with the VM normal paypal plugin I have this message on paypal : "Please review your shipping address - This merchant requires us to use the shipping address you've entered on their site. However, there's a problem with that address. Please go back to the merchant's site to edit the address."

But I choose the address, zip code, city, etc, as "not required". I also try to unpublished those fields anywhere in backend so why paypal said "this merchant requires" cause I don't.

On the VM 1.9 version, 80% of my custumers only field their email, not their real address. So they have that kind of message when they want to checkout and I lost 80% of my normal order :(

If I definitly cannot remove the fields, is there a way to configure a defaut entry for those field for all of my customers ?

VirtueMart 3.0.10 | Joomla! 3.4.4 | PHP 5.4

jenkinhill

What setting do you have for "Prompt buyers for a shipping address" in the PayPal plugin configuration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kyrian

Ok, I finally find on the Paypal express plugin. I modify the "Shipping Address Required" and everything works fine.

Thanks for your time.
VirtueMart 3.0.10 | Joomla! 3.4.4 | PHP 5.4