News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

More than 1 product price per product

Started by namiuo, May 05, 2014, 20:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

namiuo

Greetings!
I have found myself in a position where I am not 100% locked into VirtueMart, however, this project would go a bit smoother if we could basically assign more than one product cost per product based on which manufacturer we send the order to. Please note that we are not interested in having different shopper groups, child products or anything else that could provide irregular accounting data. For us, the reporting must be 100% accurate.

For example, we sell water. We get our water from Culligan and Zephyrhills. We re-bottle the water and sell it as our own, but we incur different costs from Culligan and Zephyrhills.

We need to be able to differentiate this cost for financial reporting purposes. From what we have gathered, this has not been done yet with virtuemart. Our question therefore is, can you point us in the right direction on how this should be accomplished? Can anyone think of a different solution and maybe motion us that way?

Please help :)
-nam

JoomTut

Try using one of the following:

- Create two different products based on manufacturer and price depending on each product.

- Create one product with two options and and price depending on each option.
http://www.joomtut.com - How to Joomla!
Joomla! & VirtueMart Pro Support.
http://www.joomtut.com/joomla-clip.html - 14 steps to creating a Joomla! website with video clip tutorials

namiuo

thanks for the reply. both of these options would entail an extra step on the front end. we cannot have that. i feel that your reply was rushed and you didnt read my whole post. the whole purpose of this is simply for backend reporting purposes. i appreciate your haste however. please note the staff working on this particular project are all php certified devs. we wanted to know if it was possible to accomplish our goal within virtuemart before just doing it all custom. as always, your time and attention are appreciated with grateful hearts.

for a further breakdown:
we sell 1 product which we have relationships with multiple manufacturers. some days we feel like sending the order to manufacturer A, some days- manufacturer B, and still on other days we will use manufacturer C. they all make the exact same product. each manufacturer sells the product to us at a different price. we want our system to be able to produce accurate reports for gross, net and total sales/income. therefore, there is no option to implement more options on the front end as the product on our site will cost the same to the customer regardless.

if you want to help us out and require further breakdown, hit reply and simply ask!

thanks again for everything and many thanks in advance for any help you can think of to send our way!

GJC Web Design

Reading your reply it appears that the "cost" price to you has nothing to do with the customer input.. it is where you choose to place the order with the supplier

so from a product point of view there is nothing to be done - what is needed is a flag on an ordered product to say where it was placed (i.e which supplier)   - so this is an order management question

You could identify where an ordered product was placed with by it status - but within VM there is no way to automate this cos as you say:

Quotesome days we feel like sending the order to manufacturer A, some days- manufacturer B, and still on other days we will use manufacturer C.

you then need some 3rd party ext. to report out these orders with the maufacturer/cost mapping to the individual products

e.g. Status Man1 ->Prod1 -> costprice 1.00
Status Man2 ->Prod1 -> costprice 1.10

etc

you will need a table to hold these - and all the admin that that implies

Then however you export your backend reporting the quries need to be done for cost/profit using the above data

Except for a status setting it all has very little to do with the VM core - you will need a comp to do this
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation