News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[solved]Can you confirm there is a different process with shopper prices?

Started by mowlman, March 20, 2014, 14:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mowlman

In VM1.9 I had a default shopper group and a wholesale shopper group.
The wholesale shopper group just got a 20% discount off of the default shopper group prices.

When creating the wholesale shopper group I just had to indicate they get 20% off. Now as long as a product had a default price we were good and the wholesale shopper got all of their prices.

Now in VM2, I am getting the impression that I need to go into each product and add a price per shopper group.

Is there a way to configure things so they behave like in VM1.9? (which was less work for me) so that wholesale shopper group can automatically get 20% discount off default shopper prices without having to edit each product?

I am hoping I am just missing something.

Please and thank you for any help you can shed on this subject.

Joomla 2.5.18  VM 2.0.26d

jenkinhill

Make a tax/calculation rule of -20% and apply it only to the wholesale group.  It is that easy!

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mowlman

Thank you.

Here are some screen prints for a quick look and setting up a 20% off discount for a shopper group. We wanted to show the discount on the product detail pages instead of just within the cart so we chose the modified price before tax option.
We also created a 0% tax rule Per product so that the base price would display with a strikethrough.

[attachment cleanup by admin]