News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Site stuck in Maintenance Mode

Started by DSC, March 16, 2014, 09:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSC

Joomla: 2.5.19
VirtueMart: 2.0.26d
PHP: 5.2.17

My site was fine. Not sure what happened. I put my site in Maintenance Mode and for some reason when I Unchecked the "Shop is offline?" box, it stays in Maintenance Mode and only lets me log-in using my admin username/password from the Maintenance Mode screen.

I did move the site from one webserver to another but within the same webhosting company. The only major change was the database name but I edited the config file to read the correct database info. Could this cause the issue? Everything else works fine except being stuck in Maintenance Mode.

Has anyone had this problem and/or does it sound like an easy fix?.... Maybe I'm just overlooking something that's starring me right in the face.

*update*
Actually, I updated the config file for joomla. Where is the config file with the database information for VirtueMart? Can't seem to remember where it is. Almost 4am here. Not a good time to be looking for things. :/

Milbo

The configuration is stored in

BE/virtuemart.cfg
But this file is only active, if there is no entry in the virtuemart_configs table. You could change it there. But strange thing.

But you see only a login. So it is not a virtuemart setting. You set the PAGE offline. check your joomla configuration.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

DSC

Quote from: Milbo on March 18, 2014, 00:40:58 AM
The configuration is stored in

BE/virtuemart.cfg
But this file is only active, if there is no entry in the virtuemart_configs table. You could change it there. But strange thing.

But you see only a login. So it is not a virtuemart setting. You set the PAGE offline. check your joomla configuration.

OH WOW. I haven't messed with the site for a while and forgot about that!!! Thanks so much Milbo, that fixed it!

Now to double check the config file and make sure everything reads the same... but if anything was wrong in the joomla config file as far as database name/password etc..., the site wouldn't work, right?.....

Thanks again for the solution. A basic mistake that I was overlooking and overthinking.