News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Help! User can be registered but not Login!

Started by Aapdu, February 11, 2014, 14:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aapdu

Hi,

First of all: Sry for my poor english.
I have a strange problem: I thought my shop project was finally coming to an end and so I wanted to do a testrun. I registered a new user from the frontend just like a customer would do. The registration was succesfull and I got the mail with the activation link. But I cant login. Evertyme I try to login I get the 500 error. I tried this with several users, created via front- and backend, as registered user or SuperUser/admin, either way it does not work. I looked in the error.php and there it says that this user does not exist or the entered data is wrong. I dont know but for me this seems to be a database issue, am I right. Could someone pls help me?  :(I am a newbie when it comes to Joomla or VM.

joomla 2.5 and VM 2 are both up-to-date.

THANKS,

Aapdu

jenkinhill

I never ask a shopper to confirm registration. If you have set Joomla up to require New User Account Activation then when they fill in the registration form and submit the email is sent to them - but they have been automatically logged into VirtueMart so can complete their purchase if they wish.

There is a session or url issue with the link in the registration email, so it often errors. For possible fixes see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99755.0
I did fix a client site with this issue by using .htaccess to force all urls to use www.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Aapdu

Hi,

I read the thread but this seems to be a little diffeent than my problem. As far as I understood, these problems are already solves in the currenr VM version. I do have the www in the aktivation link that is sent to me.
And it is not like u said: after filling the registartion form u are not logged on my side.
The strange thing is Its no only for VM, even if i set a new admin user and switch the side as offline, i can not login with this account. Like I said the created users are all listed in the backend and are activated.

Thanks for any help but i really hope someone can help me out with this :(

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk