News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Upgrading From .22a to .26d

Started by hotrod, February 13, 2014, 04:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod

In the next few days I will be migrating my working site to a new server. At this time while the soon to be old site is still up and running, I will try to perform the upgrade..  these always worry me.  I have read a few things on the forums here.. and not really sure if I should be using the AIO upgrade.  any tips would be appreciated.. :D  A can't seem to find the files to manually upgrade to .26d  and really not sure how to do that other than just over write them. ???
Also is PHP version an issue now.

Installed version 2.0.22a
Latest version 2.0.26d
Joomla 2.5.17
RT with gantry.
site  www.hnctruckparts.com

I only run one plug in which is Mijo Search.

Rod
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

jenkinhill

Update on a backup copy of the site. You must update both components, especially since some of the payment plugins have changed. You may need to alter some template overrides if used, details of any changes are in the live update info, or at http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416

ISTR that RT made an update to Gantry to work with current VM versions.

Use Joomla's extention manager to install the updates, file packages available from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

You must update as your current VM version has known critical security issues.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hotrod

Thank You. 

I will be using Akeeba to move the site and then test, Is there any direct paths / URLs in VM I will need to change?  for testing purposes. Other than turning off the SSL until that gets moved over.
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

jenkinhill

Just check that paths are correct in Configuration/Templates (usually only the safe path may need editing).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hotrod

Test site is up and running basically flawless..with the upgrade... thank you for the help.. moving from a shared host to my Dedicated box helped in a few issues I was having with ie 8 and add to cart..

The only bug as I would call it now is it looks like this latest version of VM won't allow the form to go if someone forgets to put in their state.. with no warning like the other info fields that are required.  Instead of leaving the customer in the dark as to why the save button isn't working I elected to remove the requirement for state..  when they leave it out we just search the Zip.. but if they are in our taxable state, and leave out the State.. they won't be taxed..

but anyway.. looks like im on the right path..  thanks again.. updates have always scared me.. :o

Rod

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0