News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

vmError: TableOrders: :store failed

Started by atomicautumn, October 03, 2013, 17:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atomicautumn

Hi,
I have a major issue with when a customer tries to place an order - this was working but has stopped for i don't know what reason.

I keep getting the following error:

vmError: TableOrders: :store failed
        Unknown column 'customer_number' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_orders` (`virtuemart_order_id`,`virtuemart_user_id`,`virtuemart_vendor_id`,`order_number`,`order_pass`,`customer_number`,`order_total`,`order_salesPrice`,`order_billTaxAmount`,`order_billTax`,`order_billDiscountAmount`,`order_discountAmount`,`order_subtotal`,`order_tax`,`order_shipment`,`order_shipment_tax`,`order_payment`,`order_payment_tax`,`coupon_discount`,`order_discount`,`order_currency`,`order_status`,`user_currency_id`,`user_currency_rate`,`virtuemart_paymentmethod_id`,`virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id`,`customer_note`,`ip_address`,`order_language`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','609','1','9a5f03','p_fd27e','7a61721ed4832664aa3ce8e2234dcdb4','42.000003','30.000003','2.727273','0','0','0','27.27273','2.727273','12','0','0','0','0','0','9','P','9','1','1','1','','203.122.213.163','','2013-10-03 14:44:28','609','2013-10-03 14:44:28','609')
        vmError: Couldn't create order
        No order created

I have read on a different thread that to install and update tables fixed the problem and also updating to the latest version. I did manage to update to the latest version but it came back with the following error which also repeats when I try to update/install tables

vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_orders.customer_number :
        vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_orders.order_language : Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_orders` ADD customer_number char(32) FIRST
        vmError: Tableupdater updating table jos_virtuemart_orders throws error Unknown column 'customer_number' in 'jos_virtuemart_orders' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_orders` ADD order_language char(7) AFTER customer_number

I'm a front end web designer with limited knowledge of php. I have used virtuemart in the past (with no issues) but on this one project I seem to be having no luck in being able to solve the problem. Would really appreciate your help.

thank you

atomicautumn

virtuemart 2.0.24
joomla 2.5.11

not sure how to find out php version so went into phpMyAdmin and under MySQL it said the following
Server version: 5.5.23-55

live site http://www.mercedesblack.com.au

hope that helps?

Maxim Pishnyak

Backup first. Run 'Install or if necessary update tables'.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

jenkinhill

To see PHP version in Joomla BE go to Site/System information - it is on the first tab there.

Note you should update your Joomla version to the lates secure, 2.5.14 - already some earlier J2.5 sites have been hacked.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

atomicautumn

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on October 06, 2013, 12:22:40 PM
Backup first. Run 'Install or if necessary update tables'.

if you read my first post - I have tried that - still got the same error.

however i did get it solved - one of my awesome work mates who's a stellar web developer managed to fix it

he wrote in his email how he fixed it

Quote"Not sure what the script was trying to do, but it had reached a limit and was refusing to add a new row in.
So I just changed the limit and manually put the row in."