News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Ok to go from 2.0.1 to 2.0.21b in one jump?

Started by t68, September 03, 2013, 21:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t68

Hi!

Hope I can get some help with this from you gyus:

Since my payment module had compability issues with newer VM versions I had to stick to VM 2.0.1. But now, finally, the module has been updated and according to the changelog it will work with VM2.0.21b.

My queston is if it´s ok to go from 2.0.1 to 2.0.21b in one step. Or do I need to update in smaller steps?  I also wonder which Joomla version I should go with. Right now I´m running 2.5.9.

Thank´s for any input on this!

jenkinhill

As of today everyone needs to go to 2.0.22c  -  http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/446-important-security-release-vm-team-at-joomladay-germany

But first update your insecure Joomla version to the current 2.5.14  (don't you subscribe to security/update info?)

To update VM all that way in one go is too much. I'd suggest somthing like up to 2.0.8e first, then 2.0.12f and then to 2.0.22c

If you use template overrides then they will need updating, too.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

t68

Thank´s for your reply, Jenkin. I´ll try it out as you suggest. And yes I know, sloppy of me not to update Joomla. It´s taken care of now :-)