News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Installing from tmp update

Started by en92, November 12, 2013, 12:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

en92

joomla 2.5.9
virtuemart 2.0.24
PHP: 5.3

I installed the virtuemart update from tmp a while ago, but now if I want to install something else, it installs the virtuemart update. Even though the /tmp is completely empty, how to solce this, because like this I cannot install anything on my website!

thanks,

jenkinhill

Is a Joomla problem which may resolve by updating to the current J! version.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683 

You should usually use the Joomla extentions installer in the default way and only install from a directory if absolutely essential.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

en92

I now have joomla  2.5.16 and it stills happen, and the problem is that the normal installation gives a white blank screen otherwise I would prefer to install it like that

jenkinhill

A blank screen with Joomla is indicative of a 500 error so check the server logs for the cause, but it sound like there may be a server resource or permissions problem
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum