News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No error message if the terms are not checked, how to add error message?

Started by amymattian, May 03, 2013, 12:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amymattian

Hi,

I am testing ordering with a new user and when adding all info but NOT checking Terms of service I cannot proceed. But there is NO error message telling customers to check the Terms of delivery before proceeding. How do I add the error message and where to add it?

Here is the page:
http://www.homeopaatti.com/ostoskori

Using J2.5.11 and VM2.0.20b and VP-Eden theme and One page checkout plugin. Can anyone instruct me where/how to add the error messages?

Greetings,
Anne

jenkinhill

You don't seem to have the required message tag in your Joomla template's index.php file. You should have
<jdoc:include type="message" />
You can usually add this just before the closing </head> tag.

Or it could be a problem with the one page checkout, so if the above doesn't fix it you should ask the plugin supplier.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

amymattian

Hi Jenkin,

Thanks for your help!
I added that in the template.php and got the error-message visible. But then after confirming the order I got the error message-visible twice.

Might be ofcause that the template takes the error-message from Gantry.

I've now changed the required definition from accept terms of purchase. Problem is this has hide the whole "accept terms of purchase" text, even when the field is supposed to be visible, but just not required. Is this a bug? If I change the Accept terms as not required but visible, why has it disappeared! I was thinking of just changing the text into "By confirming the order you accept the terms" - text to make it legal. We've noticed that many clients do not notice the small check-box and there fore cannot proceed to confirm the order. By changing the text and not making it required we can help them to proceed! How can I have the field not-required but still visible?

- Anne