Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

errors in the checkout procedure

Started by psalamon, April 30, 2013, 00:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psalamon

Joomla 2.5.11; VM 2.0.20b; PHP 5.3
In the checkout procedure:
1. checkout steps do not appear! (I configured the system to have the steps appear)
2. the "accept the terms" checkbox appears (even though I configured the system not to require it)
3. the following notice appears in the shopping cart page, with no notice such as: "please register, if you are not a registered user, please fill the following form:" only the attached notice appears.
thank you

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

1. This is a throwback to the old VM versions. I have never used it, but the idea is that it adds some text at the top of the checkout page with user instructions, and also to the payment & shipping selections. You are right, it is not working properly in my test installation, adding the step numbers only to shipping and payment selection pages. I suspect that hardly anyone uses this - you are the first to question it....  Most people are likely to add explanatory text to checkout , if the actually require any, using overrides.

2. Yes, the form button still appears. It can be removed with w template override, or by using css - #tosAccepted {display:none;}

3. You can change the registraion text message with a language override. Most people use overrides to customise their VM display.  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113895.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

1. This is a throwback to the old VM versions. I have never used it, but the idea is that it adds some text at the top of the checkout page with user instructions, and also to the payment & shipping selections. You are right, it is not working properly in my test installation, adding the step numbers only to shipping and payment selection pages. I suspect that hardly anyone uses this - you are the first to question it....  Most people are likely to add explanatory text to checkout , if the actually require any, using overrides.

It is either a working feature or a bug to be fixed.  Please can we refrain from the "hardly anyone uses it" comment which is not particularly helpful when someone IS trying to use it.  If no one uses it , then it should be removed.

2. Yes, the form button still appears. It can be removed with w template override, or by using css - #tosAccepted {display:none;}
It is a bug and should be fixed in the code - Of course CSS will work for a temp fix
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1