News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Manual upgrade from 2.0.18 to 2.0.20

Started by bfrylinck, March 17, 2013, 10:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfrylinck

Hi, I've tried every possible way to upgrade VM2.0.18 to 2.0.20 with the Joomla installer (using tmp, root and other folders) and I just keep getting An Error Has Occurred - Copy Failed message.  I've followed several suggestions in the forum but still no joy. My host refuses to increase the max-file-uploads setting which is probably causing the problem as I don't have problems with instaling other components, modules and plugins.  So I FTP'd all the VM files, but what about the database - I am getting database errors but I'm not sure which SQL scripts to run from the install folder and I don't want to lose the data in my VM tables.  I did run a discover and database options in the Extension Manager - but there was nothing there.

Could someone please help with a manual upgrade process that includes the database tables - thank you  :)

jenkinhill

"Error Has Occurred - Copy Failed" is usually a directory permissions or ownership problem as sometimes seen with mis-configured servers.

The way to install with severe PHP limitations is as described here:  http://www.phoca.cz/phocagallery/478-how-to-install-large-components-with-help-of-ftp-in-joomla

This way the db should be updated as usual.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bfrylinck

Thank you for the link, I have tried this but I am still getting the same error.  I need to know which SQL scripts to run to manually update the database urgently.