News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Migration using SP Upgrade, Virtuemart won't install

Started by IntrepidClassChicken, March 06, 2013, 14:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IntrepidClassChicken

Hello folks.

After trying and failing to get very far using jUpgrade, I was recommended SP Upgrade but I am having as many issues, just different ones.

I had a few issues with moving the Main Menu but the SP support person helped me with that.
Most of the other core functions of Joomla transferred and I now just have to play around with the settings to get it all working again and laid out properly.

I migrated ALL of the database tables. The SP support person told me that was probably not necessary. There were LOTS that did not transfer (probably core stuff) but all the Virtuemart coms seem to have been transferred but I still have no store.

On my new Joomla 3.0 site, I have tried to install Virtuemart and was hoping to be able to reconnect it to the existing database files but it just won't install. I previously installed JCE which worked fine but Virtuemart just won't install either by the Package File method or by the Directory method.

Last error is:

Warning

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
Error

Path does not have a valid package.

This is rubbish as the xml files in both of the required Virtuemart coms is clearly in the correct place. Any ideas?

Your help is appreciated  :)