News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Help - Virtuemart won't install

Started by jeremygeurtjens, December 30, 2012, 23:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremygeurtjens

Hi there,

I'm running the latest Joomla and just tried to install Virtuemart.

I followed the instructions:

Unzip the file initially downloaded on my personal computer to produce 2 zip files.

Upload the two zip files to Joomla using Extension Manager.

I got an error message which reads "There was an error uploading this file to the server."

What is going on?

Any help would be appreciated.

jjk

Probably your server has 'upload_max_filesize' of 2mb in it's php configuration. You can check that, if you go to your Joomla Administration - Site - System Information - PHP Information tab.
Some webhosters allow to configure this in their administraton panel (i.e. Confixx, Plesk, CPanel, etc.). If your webhoster doesn't, you need to ask them to increase it.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jenkinhill

Alternatively try the tar.gz file packages (such as com_virtuemart.2.0.16_extract_first.targz.zip ) which are smaller in size than the zip pakages and will install on all but the worst configured servers.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jeremygeurtjens

Thanks for that.

Tried the alternate files. The first targz file uploaded fine. When I uploaded the second I got an error message which reads:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/naturalb/public_html/plugins/vmpayment/klarna/klarna/api/transport/xmlrpc-3.0.0.beta/lib/xmlrpc.inc on line 382

What would cause this?

FYI, I have 20GB of space on my host plan so I assume that this cannot be the cause of this issue....

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations