News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

'Notify me' email use admin default language instead of site

Started by smird, December 17, 2012, 10:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smird

I use Joomla 2.5.8 and VM 2.0.12.
I noticed that, when I send an email from the Admin VM panel (tab "Product status") using "Send Email" button, the user, that has subscribed on particular good, receive an email in admin default language instead of site one. Does anyone know where I can change it (I do not want to change an admin's language)?
Another problem, is that admin does not receive any notification, that somebody has prescribed on particular good. I can not make client check all goods manually in VM admin or check 'virtuemart_waitingusers' table in DB. So, is it possible to send an email to admin after visitor confirmed his email? I saw discussions of that issue, but without any solutions.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Milbo

Interesting, we just added that the order email is sent in the language of the user.

So we need to add, that if there is no langtag stored, the lang tag of the user set in joomla is taken, or?

Interesting the missing feature with the waiting list. Yeh we need that, you are right.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

smird

Thanks for reply Milbo.

There is no problem with Order email (confirmation sent to client about an order). The problem appears (admin language file used instead of user (site) language file) only with 'Notify me' email, that I send using button "Send Email" from Product Status tab in VM Admin.
By the way, I think, that notification shall be sent to subscribed user automatically, when good become available, but not manually, as it only works now.

May I expect, that fixes will be added in next stable version? It may be great!