News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Configuring PayPal web payments Standard with VM 1.5.2

Started by burlington, October 30, 2012, 14:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burlington

Is there any advice anywhere please?

I have advice for later VM versions but not this one.

Thanks

Martin

alatak

Hello
QuoteVM 1.5.2
This virtuemart version does not exist

QuoteIs there any advice anywhere please?
advice about what?
Can you be more specific please?

burlington

The version shown at the foot of the page is 1.5.20 (sorry about the missing zero). It is actually a later version than that mentioned in my posting but my problem still exists. Two mistakes. Apologies.

The situation is this. I have been trying to help a person who wants to use PayPay Web Payments Standard, amongst other payment methods, on her VM  1.5.20 application. PayPal have given me some information at https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/661/related/1 BUT most of this relates to earlier VM versions.

So far, PayPal have not been very helpful with 1.5.20 and, frankly, neither are the specific 'help' pages.

I am not an expert in this aspect of web work and I have been trying to persuade the lady in question that she really needs an expert.

However, we are where we are, and at the moment I am stuck. I know that some form of script is required but so far Paypal have not helped.

I would be grateful for your advice. Thank you.

Martin

alatak

burlington

Alatak

I am very sorry but I owe you an apology for wasting your time. The VM version is 1.1.2. How I mistook the Joomla version for this I don't know. Anyway, again my apologies.

I think I am now on the way to sorting all this it. I have enabled PayPal OK, at last, but in Test mode. The advice is to go to this site www.eliteweaver.co.uk/testing/ipntest.php in order to test the Notify Script File script. Do the test results go to the email address listed in the configuration or should they appear somewhere on screen.

Thank you again for your time & trouble and your patience.

Martin

alatak

Hello
Then you are in the wrong section of the forum.
This section is dedicated to the version 2 of virtuemart.