News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Select Time and Date for Delivery at checkout

Started by Cornel, July 07, 2012, 22:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fintan

@Huy Nguyen: Thank you for that. ;D
Now for the time. I really need that for my pizaa site.

PolishedGeek

Congrats on the release of your plugin. For store owners who only need simple delivery date selection, it looks great.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

PolishedGeek

New development announcement -

We have an extension in limited field trials now that can provide the ability to choose different delivery dates for each product within the same order. Two example use cases are:

- A construction supply company that takes orders for building supplies to be delivered to a work site, where multiple delivery dates are needed on a single VM2 order (so foundation materials can be delivered on different days than roofing materials, for example)

- A catering company that serves large companies with multiple local office locations and meeting times, and allows a single order to include multiple lunch orders with different delivery dates and times on a single VM2 order.

We do this with a custom Breezing Form integration that embeds a Crosstec Breezing Form right into the product page, allowing the customer to enter any desired information and choose a delivery date and time prior to adding the item to the cart. Because it's a Breezing Form, you can make it as simple or complex as you wish, with database lookups and entries, or just a simple date picker. The options are endless. The fields you select are then pulled right into the VM2 cart and order as custom options. (And yes,  you can even adjust the price of the final item if needed!)

We're looking for interested beta testers now. To qualify you need to have:

1) a development site in VM2 with at least one configured product
2) a completed Crosstec Breezing Form with the fields and information you want to capture for the product
3) time to perform beta testing in the next 7 - 10 days after this post date

If interested please contact us at  info [at] PolishedGeek.com - Thanks!
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Fintan

Thanks for the update. Looks like just what I need.

But:
1) a development site in VM2 with at least one configured product (x)
2) a completed Crosstec Breezing Form with the fields and information you want to capture for the product
Does this mean I have to register with crosstec for a min. of $99 ?
3) time to perform beta testing in the next 7 - 10 days after this post date (x)

PolishedGeek

Yes, Crosstec Breezing Forms is required. However, I don't think you'll have to spring for the $99 (although it's well worth it). The fine folks at Crosstec have made their previous version available for free! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/forms/8001

From what we understand, the free version will mostly likely also work (but we have only QA tested with the latest 1.8 version ourselves). We'll be happy to work with you if you want to give the free version a whirl with our Breezing Forms Custom Fields extension and see if they are compatible.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Fintan

Okay, got the version 1.7.5 and installed it. Have to play with this for a bit. so where do I get the Breezing Forms Custom Fields extension?

This:
http://docs.polishedgeek.com/wiki/display/BFCUSTOM/Breezing+Forms+Custom+Fields+for+VirtueMart+Documentation
tells me it is not available yet, so I suppose there is a testing version link.

I would be happy to test this for my pizza site. GIve me a few pointers on how to set up breeze. It comes across a bit complicated.

PolishedGeek

Hi, Fintan -  Sounds like you are making great progress. To participate in the beta, please open a ticket at https://polishedgeek.com/clients/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3 .

Be sure to provide a link to your VM2 product page in your dev site, plus the completed Breezing Form you want to embed in it. Once these have been validated as ready to test, we'll send you a copy of the extension and help you get it set up so you can beta test. Thanks!
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Fintan

Here is the link to the dev page:
http://www.fintan-gastro-consulting.ch/Pizza/index.php/en/unser-take-away-2/pizza-2

Not sure how I am supposed to add the form.
I just made a simple form with date(calendar) and time (Text field) with its own menu item.

Ticket was created. Nr:#684433

Cheers