News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add to Cart Button Does nothing - Please help!!!

Started by Eternity, October 02, 2012, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternity

Hi

I have a huge problem, when I click on the add to cart button nothing happens!!!!  Please could you help me??  I have configured the currency and I have added paypal as a payment method, but still nothing happens!!  I am using VM 2.0.10 and Joomla 1.5.26  Please help.  Thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

You have a JavaScript conflict with the jquery loaded by your template. You could try disabling either template or VM jquery to see if that helps, and maybe try this plugin: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/performance/jquery-scripts/7230

Try using a different template such as beez to see if you still have a conflict. We have seen a lot of people having this problem with Artisteer templates, which I think may not occur with the latest Artisteer version. But judging from the complaints I have heard, that version is aimed at beginners in site design and not for professionals or accomplished amateurs, so you may not want to pay out the $130 it now costs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Eternity

Where would I disable the VMjquery as I only have the one template loaded, or is there a way to source the javascript in the template and repair it so that it works?  I have downloaded, installed and enabled the plugin and it did not change anything for me.

jenkinhill

For VM under Activate Css Styles & Javascripts in Configuration/Templates.

Disable the template jQ by editing the template's index.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Eternity

Ok, I found it in VM and disabled it (took the tick out) and it didnt work.  I have the index.php but how would I disable it in here and what am I looking for? Would you like the index.php file?  I also see there is a jquery.js file in the template folder, could this be an issue as well?

bytelord

Hi,

Your custom template is loading jquery from your joomla_folder/templates/tac3/jquery.js and the version of the jquery is 1.4.2 ... a little bit old. So you have to "unload" it from your template. The header is loading it <script src="/templates/tac3/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>  try to find it inside your header (something like head.php) in your custom joomla template and delete or comment that line. After "tick" again the vm jquery library to get loaded from the backend.

I think your joomla template is quite old ... too old...

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Eternity

bytelord

Eternity

Thanks bytelord, that worked!!! Now I have a new problem ... should I start a new post or can I tell you about it here?

bytelord

Hi,

glad it helps you out. Yes start a new thread ...

Regards