News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Invoicing

Started by HrobarM, April 25, 2012, 23:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HrobarM

Hi Guys,
I'm running on VM1.1.9 and I'm wondering about switching to VM2 - it looks really amazing.
I had to done some changes in 1.1.9 version for my site and I will have to do them again if I will decide to switch, but performance of VM2, new features, better source code structure and security reasons are good arguments.

I have questions about Invoicing:
I don't know how does it work in other countries, but our accountant got really scared when he saw invoices and orders numbering in VM - that is one of the parts that I had to change for our purposes in 1.1.9 version.
I will write here our solution of numbering orders and invoices - I'm not saying that it is best solution, maybe are people who like original solution - I would just like to know other users opinion about this.

Orders:
Orders are numbered according actual date and random number - for example 1204256988 - you can see when was order created when you need it - I know that I can see this information in orders list, but it has helped me several times and it is good variable symbol when you use bank transfer payment.

Invoices:
Invoices should be numbered in some kind of order - accountant can manage them easily and you will not have problem with tax office. We are using following format (12 is actual year):
"1200001, 1200002, 1200003".

To accomplish this, invoice is created only if user has already paid. If he ask for refund, we will create a Credit note. Payment identificator is order number.
Random order numbers are good because customer doesn't know how many orders did you have before, but if he paid it doesn't matter anymore.

My questions are following:
Do you plan to change orders/invoices numbering? Maybe would be possible to allow users to select from several numbering options.
Would be possible to create invoices only when order is paid? Simple check box option in configuration could solve this.

Thank you for answer

estaser

I have the same question?  and renumber as orders and do not create an order until you pay. Currently if you enter it in the cart put your data you give to pay and when you connect with the bank you hit cancel, virtuemart 2 will virtuemart make an order which can be confusing ....
I do not understand the numbering of invoices could be correlated or at least be able to choose how to number them. Were you able to resolve this? I can not find anyone to help me with this.   :'( THANKS

miromst

I have the same issue. Please can anyone help?

Thank you.

Miro

noevdia

No one can help us to know how to change the invoice's number?
I've seen VM Invoice that probably should work but nothing "free" works here?
Thanks  ;)

VM 2.0.6

reinhold

I have now created such a plugin, which allows the shop owner to change the order number, order password and invoice number at will:
http://open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/40-vm2-ordernumber.html

The format is given as a text string, where [...] is understood as a variable and replaced by its value (e.g. [year] by the current year).

The running counter is indicated by #. The counter can be configured to be global (e.g. not reset each year/month/..) or a separate counter for each year/month/...

I hope you like the plugin and it does what you need. If you have any suggestions or further needs, just tell me: office@open-tools.net