News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

one site, 3 languages

Started by maxelcat, May 28, 2012, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxelcat

HI all
I am doing my first site in muplitple languages using the language switcher module in joomla 2.5

Will I be able to make it so that the languages of virtuemart change as well by using the same module switcher? I know I will need to install the extra language packs of course.

Many thanks

Edward

Merry

Quote from: maxelcat on May 28, 2012, 12:10:41 PM
HI all
I am doing my first site in muplitple languages using the language switcher module in joomla 2.5

Will I be able to make it so that the languages of virtuemart change as well by using the same module switcher? I know I will need to install the extra language packs of course.

Many thanks

Edward

Edward, yes you can. You will also need to change a few things like Order Status messages, but it will be obvious.

Add the languages FIRST before you set up your shop. Do not set up your shop in the default language English, add products in English, then change your language to a different language or all your products will seem to disappear!

Also consider using the setting, "Untranslated strings in English" to prevent untranslated messages from displaying in PHP to your customers, they will display in English instead.

Merry

Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

maxelcat

thanks Merry - really appreciate it!