News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

buttons VM same as Joomla

Started by DogMaDesign, April 15, 2012, 16:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogMaDesign

Hello,

I would like the Virtuemart buttons to be the same as the Joomla buttons on my website. How do I do that?

Kind regards,

Rianne Temmen

lipes

1 - Use firebug http://getfirebug.com/ in your browser
2 - Discover  the CSS where that buttons (that you want) and Copy/Paste them by placing over the CSS Joomla image directory (they need to have the same image name) ...
If they have different sizes you'll need to edit your template CSS too to add that too..
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

jenkinhill

Make a local copy of the current VM css file, joomla17/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css
open in a text editor so you can see all the definitions.

Replace the existing vmsite-ltr.css file with a blank file, with the same filename.

Then look at the site - in this case any VM styling will come from your Joomla template css. Add whatever styles are needed to get your required appearance/layout into your Joomla template css (I add them at the end). If you know enough css this is a simple and quick way to match component & Joomla template styles.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum