Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bug report ?

Started by Manalo001, March 05, 2009, 18:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manalo001

hello
with virtuemart 1.1.3 php 5.2.6 jommla 1.5.9
Random errors after select categories. (sometimes appears on a category selected sometimes not with the same...)

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /homez.109/colorsin/www/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 193

This errors was reported few times since one year on the forum but not really solutions.

Can you help me to solve my problem please?
Thanks
thierry

zimba7k

same problem for me with the 1.1.2 virtue mart and 1.5.9 Joomla

I was wondering :
1. if it was related to the server speed
2. if by changing the error reporting level it would be possible to hide the warning that doesn't have any functional consequences.

Manalo001

i agree , probably a problem with the response server.
It's very difficult to have the same error on the same item menu twice.
warning not prevent to work correctly so if we could hide it ...

if you're lucky you can have this warning on www.colorsinbox.com by selecting menu few times and you 'll see ! (users tell us many times about this warning and i could see it in 2 minutes)

zimba7k

I'm upgrading the server and will let you now if with more threads to the db it still appears.

To be continued

zimba7k

yeah I believe (and want to make sure) it's when the database doesn't have any thread free to execute the request

zimba7k

Yeap : that was it, too much requests processed lead to having not enough threads available to the database.

I have changed to 10 thread and don't experience the bug anymore.

Hope that helps.

zimba7k

Never had the problem again, so I guess it's the solution.