News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Question about in stock locations products in different physical stores?

Started by kostianev, October 15, 2024, 17:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kostianev

Hello,

I have one question, how can I have 2 different stock locations for 1 product and to show this in website?
For example: I have 2 physical shops - 1 in Sofia [City1], and second in Plovdiv [City2]. I also have E-commerce website where I sell online, but every product is in stock in our shops, so I must show the client and also our staff members where is located this product.

I need this, because have more than 1000 products and we will have different stocking in our shops.
When I am in the product, somewhere to show text - "This product is in stock in [SHOP 1]" or if available to show both shops / stores. And they know where can come to take it, if they need asap today, without delivery.

hazael

If you operate more than one physical store with separate stock levels, you can set up independent products for each warehouse within a single database. For example, if you sell the same bike in both stores, you would create one bike listing for Store A and another for Store B, then group them under one product. Each store will have its own stock level for the product.

You can link these two bikes as variations of one product, but instead of dividing by sizes or colors, you'll categorize them by Warehouse A and Warehouse B. It's simple: https://breakdesigns.net/extensions/joomla/stockable-custom-fields

To manage this, you just need to register at https://baselinker.pl and connect it to Virtuemart. There's a plugin available for this. You'll also find plugins that connect to popular accounting programs. For instance, if you sell something in a physical store and log it in the accounting system, this data can be sent to BaseLinker, which will then sync it with Virtuemart, updating stock levels automatically. The same happens in reverse—if you sell something through Virtuemart, you can (but don't have to) automatically record it in the accounting system.

Moreover, BaseLinker integrates with well-known sales platforms worldwide, allowing you to sell simultaneously in Virtuemart, in your physical stores, and on marketplaces.

If your monthly sales volume is low, you can use this service entirely for free.