News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Related products capping at 3

Started by Nilsy, February 25, 2016, 23:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilsy

Hi there
Joomla! 3.4.8
Virtuemart 3.0.12
Linux PHP 5.6.18

Which file is to be altered to increase the default number of related products?

-I have seen previously it was the file shop.product_details.php located at: administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html
-but this folder no longer exists, and the file is not like this anymore. The only file that has "related" involved doesn't have any number limits section etc.

Jörgen

Hello

I don´t think there is a limit, I just add as much related products that I want.
Isn´t it a custom field like any other, search for a customfield template.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Nilsy

Interesting... I changed to default template of Beez3.
And still no change... which implies something else is going on.

jenkinhill

In the development version VM3.0.13.4 I can add multiple related products. In the default template they show as blocks of 3 but that can be overriden.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Nilsy

Ok... so any clues as to which file I can attack to get more than just 3 related products showing?

AH

There is no limit to the number that should be "read" into the product page

Debug the product page to see the array

$this->product->customfieldsSorted['related_products']
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Nilsy

Hm... well, I turned on the debug.
Big mistake, white page of death.
Ok, fixed that, and turned on the error messaging to max. That revealed no problems, at least none that I would count as a fault.
But ok, this is just a minor issue, not exactly critical.

I am wondering if this actually started after the last few Joomla updates... because this was actually working last time I had this many related products...