News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't Add or Edit category/Product

Started by illing, December 25, 2013, 22:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illing

I have this problem on a brand new install.    :(
Tried to see what happens with DEBUG either in Joomla or VM, but I get no hints.   Please help.
To eliminate potential db data stuff, I also installed a fresh sample data using the db tools.  SAME RESULTS, so it is not the data.

You can login http://http://generac.ca/administrator    as user: test  pwd: test.  Go to Virtuemart, Category (or Product) and try to edit a record.

Server:  CentOS 5.9 with Plesk 10.5
Joomla System Info:
PHP Built On    Linux dns2.ibackintime.com 2.6.18-348.12.1.el5xen #1 SMP Wed Jul 10 06:13:22 EDT 2013 x86_64
Database Version    5.0.95
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.3
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.17 Stable [ Ember ] 18-December-2013 14:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

I appreciate your help.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

illing

Thank you for the hints. I have done everything, including installing the new VM 2.0.26a but I still get this (see picture) when I try to edit a category or a product.  Could it have something to do with PHP or Mysql versions?

This is my system info:

PHP Built On    Linux dns2.ibackintime.com 2.6.18-348.12.1.el5xen #1 SMP Wed Jul 10 06:13:22 EDT 2013 x86_64
Database Version    5.0.95
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.3
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.17 Stable [ Ember ] 18-December-2013 14:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Certainly you should update your PHP version as that one is old and others have reported issues with 3.3 too. Go to the last available version of the 3 series if possible, or better, the latest in the 5.4 series.

A reinstall of the main component has helped on a couple of reports of a similar issue that I have seen. As ever, test on a backup copy of the site first.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

illing

SOLVED.  A Reinstall of Joomla on top of the existing one (via FTP overriding the files), followed by a Joomla Extension install of VM 2.0 has solved the problems.

On the other hand, this time (and I did not do that the first time I installed) I decided to INSTALL THE SAMPLE DATA both for Joomla and VM in a new db.  This was NOT done the first time as I just changed the configuration to use an existing DB.
On the new db containing also the samples, I have copied the content of all virtuemart tables, and VM works like a charm.
I cannot prove or disprove that the issue is data related or not.

Thanks for the help.

elleclouds

Quote from: illing on December 28, 2013, 20:39:32 PM
SOLVED.  A Reinstall of Joomla on top of the existing one (via FTP overriding the files), followed by a Joomla Extension install of VM 2.0 has solved the problems.

On the other hand, this time (and I did not do that the first time I installed) I decided to INSTALL THE SAMPLE DATA both for Joomla and VM in a new db.  This was NOT done the first time as I just changed the configuration to use an existing DB.
On the new db containing also the samples, I have copied the content of all virtuemart tables, and VM works like a charm.
I cannot prove or disprove that the issue is data related or not.

Thanks for the help.

How did you do this exactly?  I am having the same issue :(

jenkinhill

This thread is over 2 years old and for an older version of VM.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK