News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Deleting Orders > VM > Orders&Shoppers > Orders

Started by SimonJae, September 09, 2014, 16:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonJae

Hi Jenkin and Others

I have been having problems with the VENDOR receiving emails. Until that can be resolved I would like to know if there is any good reason I should not be able to go to VM > Orders&Shoppers > Orders... then select an invoice/order (all my tests actually) and delete them.

When clicking EITHER "Delete" or "Update" I am returned to the index for VM.

Joomla 2.5.6  //  VM 2.6.10
www.maxs.nf

Thanks in advance, Simon
Let the interface live.

jenkinhill

I have always deleted my test orders when setting up/testing a vM store. But it should stay on the Orders list page - my 2.6.10 test site does. Are you deleting them as Vendor?

J2.5.6 is old and insecure. Suggest an update to 2.5.24
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

SimonJae

Hi Jenkin

Thanks. Actually Joomla is 2.5.25. I am actually trying to delete them as a Super Admin... though not Vendor. I will try Vendor...

Unsuccessful. Again I am bounced back to the Joomla 'Control Panel' with no change (if I return) to the VM Orders

... further to this - I went to "VM-aio" and tried to update (initially I had a 2.6 version)... that was unsuccessful; though I did click the "Update Tables" button... this has resulted in - back on the "Order Page (VM>Shoppers&Orders>Orders) to allow me to click on the "update" and I am now getting a "please select an Order" - which previous had yielded only a return to the Joomla CP.

This suggests to me that somewhere in the upgrade path (from 2.6) ... the link has somehow been truncated and only fires off the prompt.

Though I am desperately out of time... I am reloading the entire site on my server... with a clean vs3.3 and VM2.10 to see what happens

Let the interface live.

SimonJae

Hi Jenkin...

again... is any good reason I should not be able to go to VM > Orders&Shoppers > Orders... then select an invoice/order (all my tests actually) ... and delete them?

With Stan from OnePageCheckout the "default" user has settled down... though I am left with this problamatic deletion of invalid orders. I have tried as both "superUser" and "Vendor"

Thanks in advance, Simon
Let the interface live.

jenkinhill

I have never had a problem deleting orders, but I do remember some people having issues a year or so ago where they had deleted the shipping or payment method used before trying to remove the orders. ISTR in that case they had to remove the orders from the db with phpMyAdmin.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

SimonJae

Hi Jenkin...

There is a workaround... as I am sure this is probably the result of a bogus migration that has caused heartache for 6+ months

By going to the order number (extreme left column - Shoppers & Orders > Orders) and opening the Order Details... over to the right on this page there is an field that allows for editing the order state. A dropdown with "Pending, Confirmed... and Cancelled" allows for at least "Cancelled", which is for the moment, a clean enough remedy.

Thanks, Simon
Let the interface live.