News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product listing URLs "not found"

Started by guybr, July 13, 2014, 07:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guybr

After working hard on uploading materials I took a moment to see how the appear to users via the front-end of VM, and I clicked on a few of the listings.

I was surprised to find that many are yielding me this message on the page that subsequently appears:

---
Not Found

The requested URL /the-virtuemart-directory/home/123/2/product-category-name/product-name-detail was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at mysite.com Port 80
---

On the administrator's end, I do see the items listed and they are ticked to be published - any idea what's wrong??

I'm using VM 2.6.6 after having upgraded two times in the last 6 months. I'm using php 5.4...

guybr

I should point out: the items whose dedicated pages seem to be missing, do appear on the product listing pages with a thumbnail image, the title and description - as if everything is okay.

But for whatever reason, the product page itself doesn't come up...

jenkinhill

Looks like a strange url - turn off SEF to assist with debugging.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

guybr

I disabled the "search engine friendly URLs" option and now the pages appear fine (thanks for the suggestion!)

But what does this mean?
And if I continue disabling the SEF will it really adversely affect my SEO?

jenkinhill

Are you using a third party SEF extension?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum